• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

slip sliding seat

yankeeone

Hi, has any one ever put some sort of treatment on there vinyl seat to help stop the sliding on braking? The vinyl is the harly none gloss , I am good but when we go over some bumps and brake my passenger slips forward.

Thanks

Hi, has any one ever put some sort of treatment on there vinyl seat to help stop the sliding on braking? The vinyl is the harly none gloss , I am good but when we go over some bumps and brake my passenger slips forward.

Thanks

Different approach - I applied rubber pads on the sides of my R1200RT for my knees to 'grab' in the event of sudden and intense braking.

Got them thru NippyNormans (England). Pricey with the overseas shipping - might want to try and find a domestic supplier if you like this idea.

Works well for me. :thumb

Hopefully you've NEVER applied any treatment to the seat that contains silicone... almost all of the sprays do...if you have, you might never stop sliding on it...

And Armor-All sure does make tires look like new! Also a no-no ... ask me how I know.

The absolute hot-tickey for cleaning seats; 303 Products (non-silicone based).

303 Fabric Cleaner

303 High Tech Fabric Guard

Where to buy it.

Disclaimer: I have no commercial affiliation with this product. It's just good stuff!

Armor All is the stuff I was actually tryin' to think of in my previous post...not only will you slide FOREVER on your seat...and no, I have no personal experience in that regard BUT I know several who have...but if you ever want to paint your tins in the future you will NEVER get rid of fisheyes...even if you strip it down to bare metal.

In short, NEVER use Armor All or silicone products on any of your vehicles!!! And it's just about pure silicone and carrier liquid, I do believe...

When I purchased a new hard cover for my pickup bed, the warranty on it was specifically voided if I used Armor All to keep it shiney - way too much silicon in it!

303 is more expensive, but silicon free and a better product.

Use of Armor All eventually cracked the dash of my Dodge Ram as well - it dries out the plastic! Don't apply it there either! :violin

Last edited:
There's a seat cover on E-bay made of rubber to keep the passenger from sliding. Its mostly for sport bikes. BUT.... here's what I did.... I had some of that rubberized stuff you use to line your tool box drawers with laying around. I cut a piece the size of the rear seat and attached it with velcro. this works great to keep the wife from sliding into me when braking hard. :D if you don't want to use the velcro, just give the "rubber mat" to your S.O. and have them place it under themselves as they sit down. :clap

There's a seat cover on E-bay made of rubber to keep the passenger from sliding. Its mostly for sport bikes. BUT.... here's what I did.... I had some of that rubberized stuff you use to line your tool box drawers with laying around. I cut a piece the size of the rear seat and attached it with velcro. this works great to keep the wife from sliding into me when braking hard. :D if you don't want to use the velcro, just give the "rubber mat" to your S.O. and have them place it under themselves as they sit down. :clap

I also use the rubberized drawer liner. I cut a small piece and tucked it in between the two-piece seat on my K1200GT with just about a 3 inch by 4 inch piece that lies on the driver seat......Stops the slipping and sliding.

Thanks, drawer liner sounds good, is it the mesh kind? I used Armorall once on a pickup dash, no more nuthen stayed on it, even managed to get some on the steering wheel not good.

NonSlipDrawerLiner3.jpg

This stuff is marketed as all kinds of stuff... non-slip drawer liner, non-slip carpet padding, non-slip router pad, non-slip saddle pad (of the equine variety), place mats for boaters, and it's usually around $6-7 for a 24" x 36" roll.

I'm guessing that the auto dealer that prepped my wife's M-B used Armor-all on the gash area; it's cracked in several really noticeable places. :mad

One thing that Armorall is actually good for -
Turn your Totes booties inside-out and give them a liberal coat, don't even wipe off the excess, just let them air-dry... and the Totes will slip on & off much more easily! Comes in handy when doing the hop'n'skip by the side of the road. Silicone spray is also good inside Totes.

From the Triboseat website...

indexmainimage3.gif

For $20 + air freight, I suggest you go to Sears, or an Ace hardware store... .

Back