• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Morton's BMW Spring Fling Rally / May 2011

stevebmw

Itinerant Traveler
Start planning now to join us for the very first Morton's BMW rally, Spring Fling 2011!

For years, we've been throwing the best BMW open houses in the mid-Atlantic region, and we decided it was time to put on a rally! On May 13-15, 2011, we'll gather at Natural Bridge, Virginia, for the Morton's BMW Spring Fling!

Starting at noon on Friday, May 13, we'll be hosting you at the historic Natural Bridge Hotel for a weekend of fun, great riding, interesting destinations, and the fellowship of other BMW riders.

We searched throughout Virginia and West Virginia, looking for just the right place to hold our first rally. We wanted ample scenic, historic, and entertaining attractions, as well as great roads, off-road riding opportunities, good food, and a comfortable place to lay your head at night. We found it all at the Natural Bridge!

Originally surveyed by George Washington and once owned by Thomas Jefferson, the Natural Bridge has long been a scenic landmark in the Shenandoah Valley. The adjacent Natural Bridge Hotel is elegant, affordable and -- best of all -- they're motorcycle-friendly and thrilled to have us. Not only that, but the hotel is easily accessible from either I-81 or the Blue Ridge Parkway!

We've blocked out 35 cottage rooms, across the road from the hotel and the base camp for our little Beemertown. Rallygoers will fill the cottages, then flow over into the hotel itself. We'll have a catered barbecue (or vegetarian) buffet dinner at the hotel Saturday night, as well as door prize giveaways and we're working on vendors and a presentation, too.

You won't want to miss this! Get all the latest info at http://www.mortonsbmw.com/springfling_2011.html or drop me a note at the e-mail address below.

Steve Anderson
Morton's BMW Motorcycles
Fredericksburg, Virginia
540-891-9844
steve@mortonsbmw.com

Last edited:
hey mac - i got a cottage with a couple of mid-atlantic friends.

there isn't any camping at the center of activities... the nearest camping is a KOA.

as of about a week ago, there were still rooms available.

if you wind up going, let's ride up together.

ian

there isn't any camping at the center of activities... the nearest camping is a KOA.

ian

I just made a reservation for Thursday thru Saturday. Karen may go if her daughter can check on the cats while we're gone. And I agree that we should ride together to the rally.

Mac

Last edited:

ian

Ian,

Let me know what day you're going to ride up and back. Will it be back roads (I hope)?

Mac

In also. Sharing a room with Ian (and some other friends in the same cabin..)

Steve sez the rooms are selling out rather quickly, so if you want a room.. also mention "Morton's Spring Fling" when you call.

Steve,

How far in advance do I need to sign up? Is there a cutoff?

Thanks,

jim

Officially, the cutoff is April 30, as I need to guarantee the dinner count by that date. We'd like people to register (http://www.mortonsbmw.com/springfling_2011.html) ASAP, as we're putting together gift bags and we need to plan for that, too.

When I spoke to the hotel folks a couple of days ago, there were only a few rooms left in our block. Be sure to mention the Morton's BMW Spring Fling; otherwise, they will tell you they are full up. The hotel is otherwise sold out, as there are a couple of college graduations the same weekend and a wedding at the hotel. It's gonna be busy!

I've put up a list of some other hotels in Lexington, about 10-15 miles north, on our web page. Those still had rooms available as of a couple of days ago. I'll try to keep track of room availability and make inquiries in the area. There is the KOA campground, which is nice, and you should be sure to mention the Morton's BMW Spring Fling to get a $10 per night per person rate in their group camping area. There are also a number of B&Bs in the area.

Right in my backyard...

There are plenty of hotel and B&B rooms in Lexington...no worry about not having a place to stay.

Is Morton's still going to have a Spring Open House along with this Rally ? ...always enjoyed the ride over for that.

Right in my backyard...

There are plenty of hotel and B&B rooms in Lexington...no worry about not having a place to stay.

Don't wait too long, though. Both VMI and W&L are having graduations that weekend, so a lot of rooms have gone to proud parents already.

Is Morton's still going to have a Spring Open House along with this Rally ? ...always enjoyed the ride over for that.

Indeed we are. Our spring open house is Saturday, April 16.

Steve Anderson
Sales & Marketing Manager
Morton's BMW Motorcycles
Fredericksburg, Virginia
http://www.mortonsbmw.com

It sounds like a good one to camp at. I'm a low buck BMW rider, so a hotel is not very often an option, or I would have to limit my events for the year.
WHO'S CAMPING? :violin

It sounds like a good one to camp at. I'm a low buck BMW rider, so a hotel is not very often an option, or I would have to limit my events for the year.
WHO'S CAMPING? :violin

I know we've got a couple of people camping at the KOA so far. I suspect you'll have a lot more company, as the main hotel is full and the advertising for the rally is just starting to hit. The Natural Bridge KOA is pretty nice, and they're offering group camping in their meadow to our attendees for $10/person/night. Just be sure to tell them you're coming to our event.

Steve Anderson
Sales & Marketing Manager
Morton's BMW Motorcycles
Fredericksburg, Virginia
http://www.mortonsbmw.com

My wife and I will be camping at the KOA. This is going to be our first rally and we're looking forward to it.

We should be arriving late Friday afternoon. Look forward to meeting some good people.

Gonna Miss This One

This would have been a wonderful first rally for me as well but my daughter is rowing that weekend in Camden NJ. Can't do both. Chaconja, sorry that I'll miss you!

This would have been a wonderful first rally for me as well but my daughter is rowing that weekend in Camden NJ. Can't do both. Chaconja, sorry that I'll miss you!

Let's plan to ride up for the MOA rally! That'll be here before we know it.

Jose

Back