• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Motorcycle Lap Blanket (?)

lmo1131

There was thread running last week with folks posting images of their bikes.

One of the photos showed an airhead with what appeared to be a lap-blanket, or apron (for lack of a better term) attached to the bike/tank, running down over the legs to the cylinders and over the lap of the rider. It was open at the back.

I PM'd the poster of the image but didn't receive a reply, and apparently our PMs "sent" are not recorded in the "Private Messages Folder" (If they ARE, can someone tell me how to access them?). I posted a question to the individual, but can not locate (from my Profile) that post (which would have allowed me to backtrack to the Topic ) ..... :banghead

I would like to know more about the product, who makes, or made, it; if it's still available, price, etc. Did anyone else see it?

I should have saved the image so I could re-post it, but....

Any help would be appreciated.

Lew

Lew,

These are a popular item in Europe for the urban folks who ride through all the seasons. I've not seen any for sale in NA, though. Perhaps a search of some European bike outfitters may turn them up. Start with the European helmet shops and see if they carry them. A phone call to the UK ought to do it, too.

I PM'd the poster of the image but didn't receive a reply, and apparently our PMs "sent" are not recorded in the "Private Messages Folder" (If they ARE, can someone tell me how to access them?). I posted a question to the individual, but can not locate (from my Profile) that post (which would have allowed me to backtrack to the Topic )

I'm pretty sure it's because that was on advrider.. :ha

maverick said:
Tucano Urbano Gaucho Motorcycle Leg Covers

You need model R117 that will fit most GS's and bigger style bikes. Very popular in Europe on scooters. I never believed in them until I tried it once in the winter. Wish I had the balls to try it out years ago. Keeps the cold/rain and snow off your legs and upper body - why suffer
....from the rest of the discussion.

Also, you can view your sent PM's. Under "Jump to Folder," click on "Inbox," and there it is.. "Sent Items."

EDIT: Google has plenty of hits for that model. For insance, http://www.motorbikecrazy.com/acatalog/Leg_Covers.html, http://scooter-wear.com/tucano-urbano-gaucho-motorcycle-leg-covers-2395-0.html, etc.

Just got back from Tuscany a month ago, VERY popular for moto and scooter riders, and around Florence they have the BIGGEST windshields I have ever seen, mainly on the scooters!!

One was so big it curled over the top like the C1 bmw scooter

The airhead lap aprons were made and sold by Langlitz Leather on the west coast. I have two of them, and they make winter commuting possible in Upstate NY. We also had some "aftermarket" ones made in South America several years ago.

Josh

Back