• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Name that Road

3503497299_50a4fcb83c_z.jpg

Just a simple country road in _________ :brow

Back Roads of NC in Transylvania County

NC209 has some aspects like this....... so does 63 out of Trust.

Name that dirt road?

It is very popular with the BMW crowd; almost a required GS ride for those in the west.

38174296_oMK6q-L.jpg

:clap WINNER! :clap close enough - Highway 385 on the South end of the park.

close enough. this is the CR5, Red Valley Road, which starts a couple miles east off 385 from CR101.

CR6 takes off to the right and continues as Red Valley, which ends at the Wildlife Loop inside of Custer State Park.

A verrry nice gentlemanly adventure.

1139685806_9CJtb-L.jpg

1139686685_jS6pR-L.jpg

And the answer is...

Tennessee state road 66 between Sneedville and Rogersville.
A really fun road to travel that makes the curves of Deal's Gap pale by comparison.
This road certainly doesn't have the number of curves that 129 has but the relatively
few that it does have are tighter, steeper and way more crooked!

A really fun road to travel that makes the curves of Deal's Gap pale by comparison.
This road certainly doesn't have the number of curves that 129 has but the relatively

well, dang! i rode TN70 when doing some, um, tire research. how did i miss this one???

thanks for the pointer! :thumb

Has to be 66 N of Robbinsville. Only rode it once (so far) N to S. Nice piece of pavement.

Guessed it in post 77, but went by memory on towns name (robbinsville vs robertsville)

And yes Visian,you missed a much better piece of pavement than 70 in that area.

back to the hard stuff...

well, the ride was actually fairly easy. hint: new mexico. and if anyone reads my articles, this road was mentioned in "Shakedown, breakdown."

1094489951_N7rDz-XL.jpg

1094496468_qJbxL-XL.jpg

i can't help myself!

there are some very subtle clues here....

clue: rider is the Veg.

on edit: the Veg is not the subtle clue.... :ha

1146688825_z7Dm5-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Back