• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Name that Road

OK, here's another one.

Now this one might be a challenge for a lot of folks because it's so similar to a lot of other beauties in the East. (hint, hint)
Oh yeah; Merry Christmas to all and to all a very, very Happy New Year!!
-Kerry.

Attachments

• DSCF0418.jpg
    DSCF0418.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
If someone knows, PM me...

938066062_XXzNZ-XL.jpg

Now this one might be a challenge for a lot of folks because it's so similar to a lot of other beauties in the East. (hint, hint)
Oh yeah; Merry Christmas to all and to all a very, very Happy New Year!!
-Kerry.

your picture looks like just about every road around western NC! :ha

i am going to guess the Wayah Bald road.

ian

Nope. Not Wayah Bald. You have to go north from there to get to this one.
Here's another clue:
It ain't the only road on which you can "get your kicks"!

Last edited:
Somewhere in ???

3503497299_50a4fcb83c_z.jpg

Just a simple country road in _________ :brow

Back Roads of NC in Transylvania County

Last edited:
Agree with Visian, could take similar pics on a couple dozen roads in NC

That why the pic should have a particular landmark...unless someone out there has a photographic memory for a few hundred thousand miles of road.

We've started a similar thread on another forum years ago and put down a few rules.

I thought everyone had a photographic memory for several hundred thousand miles.
I guess I'm unique.
Another clue for you?
How about this: Hancock/Hawkins County.
-Kerry.

I thought everyone had a photographic memory for several hundred thousand miles.
I guess I'm unique.
Another clue for you?
How about this: Hancock/Hawkins County.
-Kerry.

Has to be 66 N of Robbinsville. Only rode it once (so far) N to S. Nice piece of pavement.

Nahhh, I only remember the really twisty roads. :nyah

Same here, but the more I find, the more they blend together, maybe my memory card is getting full. That is why I save tracks, and mark maps.

Same here. I have every road logged since starting my tours overseas in 1995. :thumb

My other problem is my Michelin Regional maps are getting pretty tattered, an when I replace them, it will be a pain to transfer all the highlighted lines. The GPS tracks help, and I usually carry a small lap top to review them, and make notes to refer back to.

My other problem is my Michelin Regional maps are getting pretty tattered, an when I replace them, it will be a pain to transfer all the highlighted lines.

Do so onto a mapping package by highlighting the roads and saving them.

and the road is...

hint - North Central US

Attachments

• 43.jpg
    43.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 179
Back