• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Name that Road

Now there's a beauty of a scenic road. I was on that stretch back a few years ago on a ride from California back to Ontario. A most pleasant diversion from the slab across eastern Colorado. Got to go back there again and spend more time.

I'll play, here's a bit o' heaven (road wise) right here in the upper midwest! Now, I'll give a hint in that its our little tail of the dragon up here, but you have to guess the road and direction.

Attachments

• Lacrosse 019.jpg
    Lacrosse 019.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 187
I'll play, here's a bit o' heaven (road wise) right here in the upper midwest! Now, I'll give a hint in that its our little tail of the dragon up here, but you have to guess the road and direction.

Wisconsin 108 heading south to Mindoro Cut?

you're supposed to tell me! :D

the road is in the background, next to the treeline.

1099043681_eZdWN-L.jpg

hint: a very popular ride near a very popular motorcycle event in florida :burnout

Did somebody guess yet?

Ormond Loop -- just rode there Sunday. Near Daytona Beach and there's lots of traffic during Bike Week.

DING DING DING, we have a winner for Wisconsin HWY 108, facing southeast of the Cut. What a fun road. But then, almost any road in that area is fun.

It looks like it's a good one, indeed.
And I'm sure it's a blast when over on the edge of the rubber!
I'm sorry I have no idea where it could be.
-Kerry.

Okay, 460Jet wanted Interstate 70.... but it's not Kansas. I gave you the road, tell me the place on the road... Colorful name..... That's all the hints you get.

Attachments

• IMG_2320a.jpg
    IMG_2320a.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 202
Okay, 460Jet wanted Interstate 70.... but it's not Kansas. I gave you the road, tell me the place on the road... Colorful name..... That's all the hints you get.

I'll bite. Painted Desert eastern Arizona? I-40?

This one is in Kansas. But I bet you could tell that by how flat it is, that's what impressed me.

(Sorry about any formatting this screws up.)

pan.jpg

This one is in Kansas. But I bet you could tell that by how flat it is, that's what impressed me.

Nice pano Darryl. Lemme take a wild-azzed guess and say - Hwy 160... west of Johnson City? Love the vast open spaces. Your pic reminds me of the final scene in the Tom Hanks movie Cast Away.

Nice pano Darryl. Lemme take a wild-azzed guess and say - Hwy 160... west of Johnson City? Love the vast open spaces. Your pic reminds me of the final scene in the Tom Hanks movie Cast Away.

No, but you're not so very far away. OTOH, probably the whole western part of the state looks like that. I understand that, statistically, Kansas is actually flatter than a pancake. Much flatter.

Guess the road

Hint: In a state not know for elevation changes -- but not in Texas.... This picture was snapped Thanksgiving day.

129.jpg

No, but you're not so very far away. OTOH, probably the whole western part of the state looks like that. I understand that, statistically, Kansas is actually flatter than a pancake. Much flatter.

Okay, I will take another stab at it and say Hwy 400.....

Back