Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Police officers shot

Police officers shot

Three more, this time in Baton Rouge . When will this crap stop ? will it stop ?

So sad......May they rest in peace...condolences to their families.
    Ron Prior {AMA member 30+ years,MOA member 20+years}
    Milford,Oh
    2002 KLT
    2004 Roadster

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by 71243 View Post
    Three more, this time in Baton Rouge . When will this crap stop ? will it stop ?

It will never stop. Sad

Nowadays, it has become a national pastime amongst the disgruntled of society to target the uniform.

With respect for the law at an all-time low, lives of those who enforce our laws are in great danger.

May those three rest in a peace that they did not find here on Earth.
    Kevin Greenwald - MSF RiderCoach # 121656 (BRC,SBRC,IS,IME,SMARTrainer)
    Nationally Certified Law Enforcement Motor Officer (Ret.) / IBA Member #34281
    Motorcycle & High Performance Driving Instructor - ROAD AMERICA Race Track

Had guys not been shot by police in LA and MN, none of this would have happened. Doesn't justify it obviously, but there is some blame in the fraternity and they have a problem to address.
    Kent Christensen
    '12 R1200RT, '02 R1100S, '84 R80G/S

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by lkchris View Post
    Had guys not been shot by police in LA and MN, none of this would have happened. Doesn't justify it obviously, but there is some blame in the fraternity and they have a problem to address.
    By your logic, any time a black guns down a police officer, not a rare event, any policeman can kill any black to avenge the death.

Makes no sense, obviously...

Harry

Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

lagator
    Sorry but a totally inappropriate comment

Quote Originally Posted by lagator View Post
    Sorry but a totally inappropriate comment

+1
    Milford,Oh
    2002 KLT
    2004 Roadster

http://dolanconsultinggroup.com/wp-c...ths_July18.pdf
    Larry
    2006 R1200RT

That was an interesting report, Larry. Thanks for the link.
    Bill Johnston

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeckS View Post
    That was an interesting report, Larry. Thanks for the link.
    As we read the consultant report, it would be appropriate to focus on one of the referenced DOJ documents, No. 22. At the end of page 84 you find the DOJ conclusion on prosecuting the officer. In this case, no prosecution was recommended. That's what happens.........it takes time for the legal system to work.

Now, 1/4 Million medical malpractice deaths per year.............I'm thinking a law practice next door to the OR could be a lucrative business.
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175

Unfortunately Ron, it won't stop unless society changes and abandons the use of violence as an acceptable problem resolution mechanism..............Regards, Rod.

P.S. My condolences as well, both to the officers killed in duty and the people killed by officers in duty.

We seem to have a lack of empathy in society at present, as well as an assault on manners in the guise of being against "political correctness".

Most political correctness would fall under what my Mom called manners, you know, the old "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything" mentality.

We lack respect for others, for their feelings, ideas and opinions. Some ideas, opinions etc may be bat **** crazy, however that doesn't remove the need to treat those people with respect.

That's what I find is missing in society today, respect for others, we seem to think we're justified in doing whatever we want as long as it benefits us.............Rod.
    Work is the curse of the riding class

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    Unfortunately Ron, it won't stop unless society changes and abandons the use of violence as an acceptable problem resolution mechanism..............Regards, Rod.

P.S. My condolences as well, both to the officers killed in duty and the people killed by officers in duty.

We seem to have a lack of empathy in society at present, as well as an assault on manners in the guise of being against "political correctness".

Most political correctness would fall under what my Mom called manners, you know, the old "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything" mentality.

We lack respect for others, for their feelings, ideas and opinions. Some ideas, opinions etc may be bat **** crazy, however that doesn't remove the need to treat those people with respect.

That's what I find is missing in society today, respect for others, we seem to think we're justified in doing whatever we want as long as it benefits us.............Rod.

Rod,

I agree with most that you said except.....

I cannot offer condolences to the thugs killed by the police. If they are in the process of a crime ? or just stopped by the police, follow the officers commands & likely all will end well.
    Milford,Oh
    2002 KLT
    2004 Roadster

Rod,

I agree with most that you said except.....

I cannot offer condolences to the thugs killed by the police. If they are in the process of a crime ? or just stopped by the police, follow the officers commands & likely all will end well.
    Hi Ron, thanks for the comments.

Unfortunately not all people killed by the police are capable of responding to commands from the police, due to mental health issues, language barriers etc.

We have a couple of famous incidents in Canada where one Polish visitor was killed at the airport because he was armed with a stapler, and we didn't provide anyone who could speak Polish.

Another incident was a young man on an empty streetcar in Toronto who was tasered, and shot multiple times. That officer has been convicted, as he should have been.

The police have a very difficult job to do, sometimes due to lack of training or bad judgment they make fatal mistakes. The people killed in those situations certainly deserve our condolences.

regards, Rod.
    Work is the curse of the riding class

In the case of Philando Castile, following police commands appear to have not had your implied result.

In 1970 our community was rocked by the ambush shooting of Officer James T Sackett Jr. It took 35 years to bring the shooters to court and convict. Yes it takes a long time for justice in some cases.

The trouble is that our community did not address issues that led the perpetrators to think ambushing an officer was justifiable. In the forty six years since we have continued to do a dismal job at addressing the issues that now surround the shooting of Philando Castile. These issues include both citizens and officers.

History tells me that this has been going on as long as there have been officers of any kind. My belief, based on that reading of history is it will continue. Killings of citizens and officers can only be mitigated by honestly dealing with the underlying problems; not eliminated

The discussion of those problems is a political one. Political in the definition sense of a study of how people organize themselves and act within communities; not party politics. Political discussions are not allowed but BS threads apparently are.
    Pass the mustard and UP THE REVOLUTION!

St. Paul Pioneer Press , Minneapolis Star Tribune