Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DOUBLE OT and BLACKHAWKS WIN!

DOUBLE OT and BLACKHAWKS WIN!

Patrick Kane wins it for the Blackhawks in game 5 against the Blues with a 1-on-1 against Elliot in double OT!
    2004 R1150GS ADV

I enjoy visiting these forums to talk motorcycles and to escape the stress and anxiety associated with toiling away at a career, raising children, managing financial responsibilities, and the associated rigors of modern life in general. As a longtime fan of the Boston Bruins, I find your post to be terribly insensitive to those of us that have been left with little choice but to switch off our television sets now that the postseason has begun and our teams have been sent packing. With zero Canadian teams chasing La Coupe Stanley this year, how do you think this post has made our Brothers and Sisters North of the Border feel? You sir or madame have been reckless in your comments! In the spirit of Earth Day, I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you were simply caught up in the "Thrill of Victory" and not intentionally kicking those of us who are already down and mired in the "Agony of Defeat". I don't know about you, but I was taught from an early age that it was impolite to discuss politics, religion, and playoff hockey outside of the home. Then again as long as it ain't the Habs, Go Hawks!
    2002 R1150GS
    1998 F650

Back in the saddle again mikegalbicka's Avatar
    I agree therefore I won't say a word:

bolts.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Appa x4 View Post
    I enjoy visiting these forums to talk motorcycles and to escape the stress and anxiety associated with toiling away at a career, raising children, managing financial responsibilities, and the associated rigors of modern life in general. As a longtime fan of the Boston Bruins, I find your post to be terribly insensitive to those of us that have been left with little choice but to switch off our television sets now that the postseason has begun and our teams have been sent packing. With zero Canadian teams chasing La Coupe Stanley this year, how do you think this post has made our Brothers and Sisters North of the Border feel? You sir or madame have been reckless in your comments! In the spirit of Earth Day, I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you were simply caught up in the "Thrill of Victory" and not intentionally kicking those of us who are already down and mired in the "Agony of Defeat". I don't know about you, but I was taught from an early age that it was impolite to discuss politics, religion, and playoff hockey outside of the home. Then again as long as it ain't the Habs, Go Hawks!
    Are the pucks flatter / softer in Bean Town or is that just footballs?
    Cave contents: 99 R11RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175

Lets chat about those Flyers fans.
    John Simonds
    2008 R 1200 GSA
    1975 Norton Commando 850 Roadster Mk 3
    If it ain"t broke... fix it till it is.

Quote Originally Posted by 36654 View Post
    Now that is funny.

Quote Originally Posted by junkjohn View Post
    Lets chat about those Flyers fans.
    But they aren't!

Quote Originally Posted by 36654 View Post

Denis Lemieux: "You do that, you go to the box, you know. Two minutes by yourself and...you feel shame, you know. And then you get free."
    Last edited by Appa x4; 04-23-2016 at 01:36 AM.
    2002 R1150GS
    1998 F650

Quote Originally Posted by synstars View Post
    Patrick Kane wins it for the Blackhawks in game 5 against the Blues with a 1-on-1 against Elliot in double OT!
    I had to go to bed. It's tough being a studmeister. Girls or Hockey and since there is still lots of hockey left.............................

As to not having any Canadian teams in the run, heartbreaking, sorrowful and embarrassing. However, ain't no hockey in the USofA without us Canadians showing them how to do it, up close and personal like.

For those that don't know, Kane got called out by a coach of one the biggest dynasties in Hockey, the Boston Bruins and Don Cherry.
    1997 R1100RT (Restored Basket Case) , 1981 KZ 440 LTD (Restored Basket Case)
    3xR90/6, one running most excellent, two for restoration.
    1983(?) K100RS for winter project, 1986 K75S(the beutch)sold, 1993 K1100RS (blown engine)sold,

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    I don't follow spourts, it seems to me there is around 18 Canadians on the Bruins? Who is playing Who

om
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by dieselyoda View Post
    I had to go to bed. It's tough being a studmeister. Girls or Hockey and since there is still lots of hockey left.............................

As to not having any Canadian teams in the run, heartbreaking, sorrowful and embarrassing. However, ain't no hockey in the USofA without us Canadians showing them how to do it, up close and personal like.

For those that don't know, Kane got called out by a coach of one the biggest dynasties in Hockey, the Boston Bruins and Don Cherry.
    I married a hockey girl, and now we are watching baseball. Season is over! Can't wait for flat football season to start.
    John Simonds
    2008 R 1200 GSA

I married a hockey girl, and now we are watching baseball. Season is over! Can't wait for flat football season to start.
    The Red Sox are in 2nd place???

Oh........I see.........you must be a Yankee's fan! That has to be lonely, in your neighborhood.
    Cave contents: 99 R11RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175

Marian Hossa nize from HIS blue line for the open netter!
    We are going back to St Louis

Baseball is so sloooow, I can't take it.
    John Simonds
    2008 R 1200 GSA

Baseball is so sloooow, I can't take it.
    There are a couple ways to speed it up. 1) Record the game on your PVR. There are about 2 minutes of commercials between each half inning or 34 minutes in total per game that you can eliminate with 4 quick hits on the 30 second fast forward button at the end of each half inning. Whenever they change pitchers there is another 2 minutes of commercials you can eliminate the same way. Note, if I start watching the game before it is over, I am careful to hit the mute button first then menu/4-1 to get to the recording; then select the game and "start over." Works well - and probably shortens the game on average 45 minutes. A fellow fan and friend claims I am watching history. My rebuttal is that if I don't know the result or how it happened, it doesn't matter. Besides, I am no good at reading a book or working a Sudoku puzzle for two minute stretches, nor do I have to pee that often.

As a Canadian, I am of course a Blue Jays fan and watched all of their games - until today. Somehow forgot to program that recording. Oh shoot! Did record "Blue Jays in 30" which condenses all the big plays into 30 minutes. If your favorite team also has almost daily 30 minute re-caps on TV (and you don't have three hours or so to watch the full game,) you might consider recording it. You can still eliminate the commercials too.

I do worry a little that when this method of TV watching becomes too popular, the folks buying all those TV adds may start paying less for them. Could this mean that some big name baseball players only get paid $15 - 20 million a year? Well, most of us BMW riders could survive on that income if absolutely forced too, and those baseball players do it more for the love of the game than the money.
    Doug
    1992 K100RS