Thread: R.I.P. Joe Katz

R.I.P. Joe Katz

Joe passed away early Tuesday morning from complications due to Parkinson's Disease. The funeral services are scheduled for Friday, June 26 at 2:30 PM grave side. There will be a procession from Langford Funeral Home on 220 E. New York Ave. Deland to the cemetery on E. Beresford leaving the Funeral home at 2:00 PM.

http://digital.turn-page.com/i/3769-november-2009/90
    Last edited by Voni; 06-24-2015 at 10:40 PM.
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million BMW sMiles

A fixture at the Square Root Rally, he was missed this year. RIP Joe!
    09 R 1200 GS

The Cincinnati Ohio "burbs" & near the Cape/Space Coast of Flordia.... when not out -- "travel'n"
    ....now this gentleman was "old school cool"! Great to just hang near him for a little while at a rally, fantastic conversation always ensued. He will be missed among us.

"travel'n" john

Sue

R.I.P. Joe

I spent a few wonderful evenings with Joe at various Rallies and he was my dance partner at many. He always made me feel so special as he danced and looked one square in the eyes as if you might be the most important person in his life. What a guy! And he set the idle on my R65LS at Cass...yup I will surely miss Joe.... Already did at Paris CVMG Rally last Saturday.

Joe was one of a kind! We enjoyed camping near him at a number of rallies. He always enjoyed sipping Tuaca with Knights of the Roundel. We'll miss him.
    Chuck Manley #12106
    2012 Howlin' at the Moon Rally Chair
    Ambassador, Knights of the Roundel #333, IBA Member, Life Member NRA
    Black '13 R12GSA (the Outlaw), Black '02 K12RS (157K)

we always meet up with Joe for the first time of the season at the Cass WV. Rally.............
    He was heading north for the Rally season.
    Joe was living the life I dreamed of. On the Rally circuit for the Summer! He had a list of all the rallies he was headed to with notes telling him if he had preregistered or not.
    We'd see him several times through out the summer and always enjoyed his company.
    He was indeed and old school class act!
    God Speed Joe.

Jason
    Jason Kaplitz
    Johnstown, Pa
    Laurel Highlands BMW Riders #294

Joe helped me figure out an issue with my airhead way back in the day, at a Spacecoasters rally.

He was a regular at the Georgia Mountain Rally... he, Dave Swisher and Lyle Grimes were "known associates"...

Joe is one of the people who define what we're all about... world won't be the same without him.

Ian

One of the many ways I remember Joe.
    Some years back I was repairing tankbags and building some custom panniers. As many will recall, Joe would be on the road for most of the riding season,and packed all his needs on his RS. I had made him a set of panniers to accommodate his "necessities". after a few years he required some repairs and he came over to my house.
    Of course, all his bags (2 panniers and tankbag) were still loaded! As he unloaded everything, there were little exclamations of surprise, "I forgot I had that!"
    As he got to the bottom of the last bag he started laughing. I looked up and Joe was holding some folded papers. He looked at me with that twinkle in his eye and said " So that's where that got to! It's an inventory list of what is in each bag!"
    Godspeed Joe, thanks for the memories my friend.
    Bob Weis
    '04 K12RS - Hannigan Hack
    www.earplugco.com

Quote Originally Posted by suecanada View Post
    I spent a few wonderful evenings with Joe at various Rallies and he was my dance partner at many. He always made me feel so special as he danced and looked one square in the eyes as if you might be the most important person in his life. What a guy! And he set the idle on my R65LS at Cass...yup I will surely miss Joe.... Already did at Paris CVMG Rally last Saturday.
    Sue, Joe was special, and strangely enough Al asked me about Joe last Saturday night.

He will be sorely missed.

Please go to the funeral home site and leave a message.

http://www.lankfordfuneralhome.com/o...#!/TributeWall

My mental image of Joe is him in his Kermit chair, pipe in hand, hat on head with a rally mug clipped to a belt loop on his shorts.

Regards, Rod.
    Work is the curse of the riding class

Thumbs up JK = Super Gent!!!

A true gentleman of the marque!!!
    Heed NEAD: No Egos, Attitudes, Distractions!!!!!
    Shep Brown MOA 27510
    "Igor" 82 RS "Inga" 04RT
    Pensacola, Flairider

Bob , I liked you're story about Joe , no could tell a story around a campfire like Joe . What gost stories! You will be missed. Rich