• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Olympia AST vs X-moto vs Rev'It Sand vs?

BCKRider

Kbiker
I'm sure I am just one of thousands looking for that perfect jacket and pants which provide real protection in a crash, keep us warm in temps above freezing, keep us coolish when the temps are in the 90's F., and are not that difficult (or slow) to change from one format to another.

My current riding gear (leather jacket which zips to leather pants, or Firstgear mesh jacket and the leather pants held up by suspenders) require also taking outer rain gear on a tour.

While I have only seen serious endorsement of the Olympia X-Moto by Greenwald, I certainly respect his opinion.

My question is how does the X-Moto compare to the Olympia AST and the Rev"It Sand, which have all received many rave reviews. There are almost certainly upsides and downsides to all these garments and I would like to hear them before spending my bucks on what will likely be my last riding suit. (Hey, I'm 63.)

If you have experienced preferences beyond the three listed above, your comments are most welcome too.

go to local BMW dealer and buy bmw they are the best

Maybe. I've low sided wearing a 'stich roadcrafter and also wearing a BMW Rallye 2 Pro. The damage was equivalent. Slightly more to the R2P but I was going slightly faster. In both cases a small patch was about all that was needed to keep on riding.

But.... the 'stich is about 8 years old and I'd guess it still has many years of life left. The R2P won't make it 5 years. At 4 years I've already patched the inside of the pants twice to hold the armor in place and had the jacket gortex liner replaced within the first two years (warranty replacement) because of wear.

The BMW gear is nice, but it doesn't have the longevity I expect for gear costing as much as it does. I see more Aerostich gear in my future.

...The BMW gear is nice, but it doesn't have the longevity I expect for gear costing as much as it does. I see more Aerostich gear in my future.

I like the overall quality of BMW gear ... EXCEPT for the undersized zippers they consistently use in their clothing. And that, in my experience, has been the weak point.

I agree with the zipper issue. I replaced the zipper om my Savanna-2 BMW jacket and now I like it 42 times better.

BMW has great products, but I'm not sure that they are a great value considering the gear available today at as much as 1/2 the price.

Last edited:
Back