• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Go figure

This must be one of the longest break in periods ever. My 07 GT has got about 40k miles on the clock and is running better than it ever has. This bike has had quite a few teething problems in the past including some that have left me stranded but now seems as solid as anything I've ever had.

I think the company makes a really good well designed product but is let down by lax quality control and or refusal to deal with defective components before the bike leaves the factory.

I hope to be able to enjoy the bike for many more miles and years as it is finally acting like the bike I wanted when I bought it.......tkm

Break In Period

Yup, I know what you mean. My '08 K12S continued to improve in performance until about 20k miles. It was good before, but if I knew it would be this good later, I would have gotten one sooner... Has 28k on the clock now, and I am loving it.

My K1200S is just over 10K and I thought my wife swap the engine while I was sleeping so something. I can't wait to see it reach 20K ...

Love it more and more

I got it from a BMW tech that BMW was thinking of maybe a cam and sprocket change at 36 K or so as regular maintenance. But maybe the new bottom sprocket chain guard would change that thinking.

I got it from a BMW tech that BMW was thinking of maybe a cam and sprocket change at 36 K or so as regular maintenance. But maybe the new bottom sprocket chain guard would change that thinking.

Helen's '05 is a tad past 36K now, I am going to add the "chainguard" when it's available, have already changed the tensioner. I wonder if they changed the cam metallurgy any?
Still love these bikes...

Back