• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Pretty flippin' slow here, eh?

3) we/they are riding...don't consider our S's an exclusive warm weather machine at all as I sold my RT to get one ...also have the all season GS:dance

I figured I was still too young to own a RT Sedan :stick :laugh:laugh:laugh

There are a couple of other sites I frequent to get information on myy GT and they are generally a little busier than this forum. They may have been mentioned already but in case they weren't look at

i-bmw.com
http://www.k-bikes.com/forums/cmps_index.php

I think the slowness on the Wedge bike forums relative to other bikes forums is merely a function of the number sold.

get out o here

I have been on a couple of site over the past ten years. This site is an Airhead site. If you want K bike stuff move to I-BMW. I hate saying this but it is true.

I have been on a couple of site over the past ten years. This site is an Airhead site. If you want K bike stuff move to I-BMW. I hate saying this but it is true.

Haven't found that to be my experience ...but for more K specific stuff I do go over to to I-BMW...and a lot more "opinions" as well:brow

Should I buy a wedge bike?

I have an 07 K1200GT and love it. The best compliment I ever had was when Andrew at Bushtec took it for test ride with the new trailer, upon return he asked how many tickets do you get with that bike. I laughed, yes it has a nice power range that keeps going and going as you rev it out. Prior to getting Bushtec involved in creating a hitch for the K1200GT, I waffled on trading it for a R1200RT but just couldn't do it, I'm spoiled too much with the K bike.

I just recently purchased a 2011 R1200GS for my gf to ride (traded up from a F650GS twin, it was to buzzy on the highway). The 2011 R1200GS is also a fun bike, the power to weight ration isn't that far off the K1200GT. Its not as smooth, but I had it out on Jan 3rd (salt got washed off the roads with the weekend rains) and I had a blast.

I can never get rid of the K1200GT, but the R1200GS for the money is probably almost as good for the type of touring/riding we do. Before my gf started riding her own bike, we did a lot of two up riding, the K1200GT is a really nice two up touring bike.

Honestly, I'm not sure why i need the K1600GT.. ok, I get 6 more hp and some more torque. It is also heavier and I can't imagine the price tag will be anywhere close to what I paid for the 07 K1200GT. I've seen some used K1200GT's that I thought about buying because I think its going to be a hard bike to find someday. My only complaint, BMW can't make a smooth transmission if their lives depended on it!!! Why does it have to CLUNK into gear?

your 07 GT is a wedge...the new 1600 will be a variation of the wedge design, just two more cylinders.
Our K12S's clunk into first pretty hard..but shift way smoother than any of the boxers we have.

your 07 GT is a wedge...the new 1600 will be a variation of the wedge design, just two more cylinders.
Our K12S's clunk into first pretty hard..but shift way smoother than any of the boxers we have.

Steve - you should see how the boxers shift, but to the topic of the newer KGT's shifting - they are very nice

Back