• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Post?

1flyer

I'm having trouble using the "New Post" button. The site recognizes me with a "Welcome, 1 flyer" and when I last visited. But, when I try the "New Post" button I get a message that looks like it is coming from the Search routine:

"Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

Anyone have any idea whatÔÇÖs going on?

No clue on this one. That's new to me. Obviously, you're getting logged in since you could post here.

Is anyone else seeing this?

I've tried that and a few times it would work, almost like I found the sweet spot on the screen. But lately it's not hitting at all.

Here is the last message I got just after my last post:

"Sorry! The administrator has specified that you can only do one search every 10 seconds."

This is getting interesting.

i get this if i:

- read the forum.
- mark forums read
- come back before there is a new post.

i use it as a "slow day at work" indicator. ;)

the 'dont allow people to search more than once per [interval]' thing reduces the likelihood of some hacker dude tying up the website with a bot that runs a zillion searches. (i think.)

I guess that makes sense. But I haven't done any kind of search. I'm on the home computer now and it works as advertised, no problems. Think it may be time to call the IT guys.

Some IT people are stopping SQL queries, which is what this is as a way to keep people from surfing. I know cause my office does.... Winsock Proxy lets you get around it... maybe.

1flyer said:
I guess that makes sense. But I haven't done any kind of search. I'm on the home computer now and it works as advertised, no problems. Think it may be time to call the IT guys.

i think when you click 'new posts' it runs a search for new posts? kind of like a macro button.

username said:
i think when you click 'new posts' it runs a search for new posts? kind of like a macro button.

That's exactly what it does. Brad theorizes that the time out on the posts is probaby a function of the SQL server this whole thing runs on.

Back