• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Last Trip in 2010

gdw

Hi everyone this is our last trip that my wife and I did this year it was in September from 1st to the 5th. Our route was from Edmonton to Crowsnests Pass to Nakusp then Revelstoke and finally back home to Edmonotn.

Our first day we didn't any pictures because we had done this route many times, here is a photo of our bike before leaving.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 260
Last Trip in 2010 Day Two

Day 2 (2 Sept 10) would take us from Canmore AB to Crowsnest Pass AB following the continental divider, here is a photo of Canmore facing north.

PS can someone tell me how to upload more than 1 photo at a time, thx

Also I have all my trips photos on my smugmug site

gajo.smugmug.com

more to come

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 256
PS can someone tell me how to upload more than 1 photo at a time, thx

You can only upload a single picture through the forum browse software (that little paper clip at the top of the edit screen), but you can put many links in your posts which directly displays the photos. From smugmug, it appears you go to the "Share" then "Get a Link" at the upper right side. Then click on "Embeddable Links" and click the button to Copy the medium size picture link. This copies the link to the clipboard. Back in the forum, then paste the link from the clipboard back into your post. Include some text between each successive picture and Bob's Your Uncle. At least, that's the way it's supposed to work. You might have to experiment with the size of picture.

This photo we are looking at the rain that is coming our way

Traffic Jam

Highwood pass AB

6 degrees and rain

Coffee break with a taste of sun

Running from the storm

Frank's slide

Camp site for the night. I had ask what the weather was going to be "20 plus for the rest of the week and no rain", well it rained before we had time to setup our tent.

Our camp site was just west of Crowsnest Pass.

This is the route we covered on day 2 400 km

Day 3

First of all Thanks Kurt as you can see I am posting more than 1 photo.

Well day three took us from Crowsnest, AB Pass to Nakusp, BC via the Gray Creek pass in BC, a must do. The pass will not save you any time but the ride is well worth the time detour.

This is the route we took.

In the morning everything is frozen, our tent is full of ice.

Yes it as been done a million times over, but......

Me trying to get breakfast going when everything is frozen

My wife, Josee, was so cold she started her bike and "plugged" herself in (heated vest)

Stopped at Sparwood to see the Mighty Titan

Little me in front

Old coal mining chain saw

Took a break on the road to Grey Creek pass

My wife

On the west side of the pass, long way down

Looking back at the pass

On the ferry crossing lake Kootenay

What a view

What a view 2

The other ferry

It was a long day of riding to get 423 kms done but well worth it, in the end we get a hotel room in Nakusp and a hot meal at the local restaurant.

Dat 4 and the last day

Day 4 we leave Nakusp well rested and fed back towards home, this our route.

The dam at Revelstoke

The visiter centre

My "sexy" wife

The law, not

Rogers Pass, won a "free" video camera

What a view, I never get tried of riding in the Rockies.

Sorry no pictures for our last day we did this more often than not, but you can go to our website and enjoy more photo's of us in the Rockies and our trip in 2008 from Ontario to Alberta and back.

http://gajo.smugmug.com/

The route on our last day.

Thank you yo all who have viewed our pictures.

:buds

Nice trip. Thanks for the pictures and story.

SOMEDAY I'll get to the Rockies on the bike. :gerg

Back