• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Michigan State Police objectively prove Harleys s.......

We all know hat LAPD and CHP recently chose the Kawasaki over the BMW because Kawasaki underbid BMW by $2,000 per unit. But a LAPD motor cop told me that what drove them crazy about the Harleys was that the starters fried so often they couldn't keep them in stock. Of course they'd rarely fail at the PD, but would leave you stranded on the freeway when you went to restart the bike after a traffic stop.

Lowest Bid . . . .

In my experience, sometimes the lowest bidder loses. What is the benefit of a recognized, world renown marque to win a low margin bidding war?
Campbell Tellman II
'93 R100RT
'11 S1000RR
:thumb

In my experience, sometimes the lowest bidder loses. What is the benefit of a recognized, world renown marque to win a low margin bidding war?
Campbell Tellman II
'93 R100RT
'11 S1000RR

There is plenty of cred to be obtained from equipping police forces with the company's motorcycles.

Plus, no one is harder on their bikes than LEOs. 0 mph - 90 mph - 0 mph. Repeat 50 times a day. If your bikes survive LE duty, they are well-built machines.

My next-door-neighbor is a motor-officer with a local county. He's on his second ST 1300. He still has his old Kawasaki 1000 in his garage. He hopes to avoid H-D bikes, and is intrigued by the new Connie authority bike.

Campbell Tellman II
'93 R100RT
'11 S1000RR

According to the CHP and Arizona Public Safety (Highway patrol), the reason for dropping BMW is the maintenence costs not the initial costs of the bike. Maintenence on the BMW's was almost twice as much as the Harley's, Hondas, and Kawasaki's. Another reason given was down time for numerous recalls on the BMW's.

Jack

Back