• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Scorpion EXO-900 Transformer

I have an EXO 1000. If it fit me better, I would love it, but my long head gets a pain right at the front peak. It has held up very well, with no issues at all. It is about 18 months old. I am going to replace it though, as the more I wear it, the more it hurts. It isn't the helmet's fault though, my head is just long.

An excellent way to remove some of the shell foam to make a helmet with a pressure point more comfortable it to use 200-grit sandpaper - remove the liner and then sand at the pressure point a little at a time until it is comfortable. Do not take a ball peen hammer to it or otherwise compact it, compacting the foam removes its ability to protect your head.

Jack - sounds like you got a lemon! I would call Scorpion and ask for a replacement. They will probably tell you to return it with the receipt to a Scorpion dealer (preferably where you bought it).

An excellent way to remove some of the shell foam to make a helmet with a pressure point more comfortable it to use 200-grit sandpaper - remove the liner and then sand at the pressure point a little at a time until it is comfortable. Do not take a ball peen hammer to it or otherwise compact it, compacting the foam removes its ability to protect your head.

Jack - sounds like you got a lemon! I would call Scorpion and ask for a replacement. They will probably tell you to return it with the receipt to a Scorpion dealer (preferably where you bought it).

Ted the dealer has wiped his hands and is no longer carrying the Scorpian line (PHX). The factory rep has promised a new helmet. I am waiting as he said the factory will send it soon. The rep. took pictures and sent them to the principles. I am sure they will be somewhat shocked. The helmet is new. Only third time I wore it.

Jack

I think they will probably follow threw on a new Helmet. Bad reports travel fast. My wife likes her 700. The only issue is its hard for her to put her glasses on. There doesn't seem to be enough room on the sides...

How long have you had the Helmet? How many times have you worn it?

After pointing out the delamination around 3/4 of the bottom of the helmet to the factory rep. in PHX I returned home to Tucson. Now the entire bottom of the helmet dropped off. This is the third time I had worn it?????

Jack

I bought the helmet in the fall of 2007, shortly after it was introduced. - and it was very hard to find... limited early production and lots of demand, from what I read.

It was by far the most comfortable helmet I tried on. I have worn it HUNDREDS of times since. I live in CA, so try to ride year round as much as I can - sometimes just to work and back.. or weekend day-trips.. or multi-day rides.

It's held up nicely and still is very comfortable.

I have the EXO 1000 and after 2 years of OK, apparently my head shrunk. Replaced the Large liner with the Medium liner now it fits the same as it did when new. $34.95 for resizing. I guess its OK.

Vents are still not as good as my old Shoei RF 900 which still fits after 6 years. :lurk

My EXO-900 was a tad tight in the crown when I bought it. I figured it would wear in a bit over time and fit like a glove. Well that didn't happen -- as it turned out, I was at the top end of the XL fit. The remedy was to purchase the XXL liner/cheek pads and insert them in the XL shell. Note that the XL and XXL shells are identical in size/shape; the only difference is the liners/pads.

Now, the helmet fits well and is nearly as quiet behind the RT as my CL-SP or my IS-16. The only problem I have now is the weight. The EXO-900 weighs just under a pound more than my HJC IS-16, making me feel a bit bobble-headed after several hours! Otherwise, I've had absolutely zero quality/durability problems with the EXO-900.

Back