• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Nolan N-Com Battery Life

indawin

I have a Nolan 103 with the n-com bluetooth set-up. I am paired to my wife's identical helmet and connected via wire to my zumo. Because I ride with ear plugs, I need to have the volume at max to get a satisfactory sound level. Under these circumstances my battery goes t/u after two and a half hours. Wife's is okay after three, but don't know how far it will go as we have yet to take a long trip. Any one having any better experience? Thought it would be good to get some input before I contact the Nolan distributor.

We have had our N-102's with N-Com for almost four years and they will keep a charge for 8 hours or longer while we are on the road.

It should be noted for the past several months we have been using them (N-102 with N-Com) for bike to bike communication. I know, the N-Com system is not designed for bike to bike com but we are using what we have until we figure out our next helmet/comm combo.

Suggest you contact their (CIMA - NOLAN) tech support for assistance. Great folks at CIMA.

Good luck,
JC

My wife and I have the identical setup and we were just on a three day ride averaging 6/7 hours with the n-com on (over night recharge) and never ran into a problem.

N103 w/ NCom, bluetooth paired to cell phone and iPod hooked to Aux jack. With NCom volume on max (earplugs) and the iPod going the whole time, I have never yet depleted the battery, even on 6-7hr trips.

Thanks for the info, everyone. Looks like my battrey was bad from the beginning. I'll call the distributor on Monday.

N-Com Batt chargers

I have both 115v and 12 chargers and both seem to have gone bad. I just purchased a new batt because I thought the old one was dead (less that a year old) My new batt came and neither charger would light up showing that the batt was charging. Perhaps a bad batt.
When I first installed my N-com in 2008 everything worked well and the battery life outlasted my rear end, but, after the first batt I have had troulble keeping a charge and now I can't charge at all. Anybody having these experiences?
Don, Green Valley AZ

Last edited:
Back