• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Can civilians buy a new R1200RT-P ?

zoridog

I like the 2010 RT but I really like top loaded saddle bags, protective guards and the extra lights on the police bikes. Since I only ride solo, I don't need a passenger seat. I have seen used police bikes for sale but they look like they had their radios removed with a hacksaw.

The last thing I want to do is walk into the dealer and ask these questions because I am weak. I am afraid my enthusiasm will start the self justification process.

Sorry, but you'll need to ask your dealer :)

Mine came from a dealer. Beaudry Motorsports in Post Falls, Idaho (just east of Spokane, WA) sells RTPs to civilians, and I'm sure many other dealers will as well. But you'll never know until you ask!

I like the 2010 RT but I really like top loaded saddle bags, protective guards and the extra lights on the police bikes. Since I only ride solo, I don't need a passenger seat. I have seen used police bikes for sale but they look like they had their radios removed with a hacksaw.

The last thing I want to do is walk into the dealer and ask these questions because I am weak. I am afraid my enthusiasm will start the self justification process.

It took me a while to find it-try this http://www.gatewaybmw.com/2009-r12rt-p-bikes-available/ Very cool, Gary

.... because I am weak. I am afraid my enthusiasm will start the self justification process.

Ummm..... so what's the problem here? Welcome to Beemerhaulics Anonymous! :thumb

Yes, anybody can order a new RTP.

Since you asked the question, you are already done. :ha

Wow. Nice bike!

Are the radio/tail boxes good for storage? Looks like just the right size for rain gear and dry socks. Are they easy to open and close?

Wow. Nice bike!

Are the radio/tail boxes good for storage? Looks like just the right size for rain gear and dry socks. Are they easy to open and close?

They are easy to open and close - they use the same key as the side cases. They don't hold as much as you might think because they aren't very deep.

I keep my tool kit, my paperwork/Anonymous Book, a tire repair kit, a bicycle tire pump, a mesh bag full of Rok-Straps, two quarts of gasoline, and my extra face shield in my radio box. When I'm not using them, my handlebar covers go in there as well.

I thought I'd be able to keep all sorts of camping and touring gear in the radio box, but once it's been filled with the list of things above, there isn't much room for much else.

Back