• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Ridin' "round" the Rally

Geez try to be normal?

Ok Ian, I will do my best to fool them into thinking I am normal. No more Amish jokes.

Dang Ian, I guess I willhave to check out the bridges up here in the Frozen half of the state. Seen most of the ones in the south and didnt realize there were that many up here.

There are a ton, eh... some really nice looking ones, too.

Old Salt... did you say you were going to capture some coordinates on these? If not, and we get another lousy weather day in Atlanta, I might put these into Mapsource and publish a waypoint file.

Ian

Visian said:
There are a ton, eh... some really nice looking ones, too.

Old Salt... did you say you were going to capture some coordinates on these? If not, and we get another lousy weather day in Atlanta, I might put these into Mapsource and publish a waypoint file.

Ian
I thought I sent the list to you. The ones in the southern part don't have any posted if they are not on dale's site also. Guess we are gonna have to ride to them and note coordinates. Any other volunteers?

Howard -- indeed you did. Got 'em here in a Word File.

Tell you what, soon I'll pop them into Mapsource so that folks can download waypoints.

It will be fun to see how many bridges are near to barns... good riding is bound to ensue!

Ian

Covered Bridges

I think that I could see about 30 of the bridges in a day without a problem. At a quick glance there were that many within a 40 mile radius of my house, with the closest about 1 mile away.

Thanks for the link, because I did not know there were that many overed bridges near my house. I guess sometimes you do not pay attention to things that you see frequently.

BTW, there are 1000+ year old Indian mounds across the street from my house. I barely notice them now.

Biff :thumb

News stuff

Hey ya'll there is new stuff on this... an article about the round barns complete with GPS info waypoints... and a nice day ride route plan for the rally.

Please note one important thing about this day ride.... I haven't ridden it :) and I am notorious for adventure. :evil If you get lost, well, that's really part of the adventure! The route never goes far from civilization... and dang, all the roads are straight anyway, so you'll soon wind up somewhere recognizeable, even if it is one of the Great Lakes.

I actually found a few diagonal roads while planning... and the barn the ride takes you to looks quite nice in the picture. Which leads me to another observation... please respect private property when looking at barns. Heck we're beemer riders... you already knew that! ;)

Please enjoy... and if there are any Ohioans who have nothing better to do than search out round barns, please snap a few pics and post them here.

Last, please stay tuned as Ol' Salt has given me a listing of Covered Bridges in the state, too. So perhaps we'll throw together a few waypoints and rides that include them as well.

Ian

Last edited:
Back