• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Prices going up!!

mpmarty

The new BMWs and other imported bikes are going to see some price pressure soon. Mr. Bernake (sic) of the US Federal Reserve said in a speech recently:

A weaker dollar helps the Fed achieve its dual mandate, by making US exporters more competitive - stimulating job creation - and by increasing inflation through higher import prices.

The dollar has lost 15% of its value against the euro since early June, on growing speculation that a slowdown in the US economy in the second half of the year would force the Fed to ease monetary conditions further

So Gasoline, electricity,, made in China stuff like everything we need to live now, will also go up. New cars, even domestic, have a HUGE Chinese content, prices up, up up. Meanwhile my no raise in 5 freaking years, just be happy you even have a stinking job (and I am) lifestyle declines even further.

Freaking beautiful.

I have 5 years to pay off my Home, and small investement farm, I HOPE I MAKE IT. Maybe I can sell out for enough to go live in Mexico for a few years.

Rod

Back