• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Handle bar muffs

Omega Man

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat
Staff member
With cold weather approaching I was deciding between heated gloves and handle bar muffs, I ordered the muffs. Seemed like the way to go with a little more freedom of movement and with the heated grips on the F800GS should be good to go. The order came in Friday from Wunderlich http://www.wunderlichamerica.com/motorcycle/F800GS/8110360.html and they seem to be of good quality. Here's the problem-all my attempts to fit seem to fail. They went to a lot of trouble to make these and when I fit them in their best position I'm concerned that there is enough pressure over the start button that hand/arm movement could have enough tension to engage the starter while I'm riding. I'm going to give them a call tomorrow but I thought I'd put it out on the forum to see if anybody's tried this before. Thanks Gary

Well..............I called them up.............no real help. The guy I talked to was fine, said he understood and was happy about my decision to return the muffs. Next move Hippo Hands? Gary

:lurk

Was looking at a pair of hippo hands the other day and they wouldn't fit over my R1150GS hand guards. Interested to hear what has worked for others......

I have Gerbing G3 Gloves along with a full set of Gerbing gear and they are very comfortable down to 23 degrees, which was my lowest temp ride last year.

I have Gerbing G3 Gloves along with a full set of Gerbing gear and they are very comfortable down to 23 degrees, which was my lowest temp ride last year.

Hi Glenn, I might end up with the Gerbing gloves to go with the jacket I have. I was just looking for a little more dexterity in the hand area-I have heated grips. In the past it was liners,mittens and welders mittens. This combo worked real well except it made working the controls-accurately-hard to do. Gary

Motorsports shops that sell snowmobiles and four wheeled ATVs to wintertime hunters and ice fishermen sell these sorts of things.

i have hippos hands on my little 650GS w/BMW hand guards. they are without a doubt the best piece of gear i have ever bought. the hand guards keep the hippos from blowing back and hitting the clutch and front brake lever at highway speeds. not only do they keep the wind off your hands and make your heated grips work so much better they are great in the rain. your hands will never be wet and cold with hippos and heated grips.

Back