• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

oil filter crossover number K1200 s

K&N Filters

makes something for the K1200S. costs the same as the BMW filter. It is easier to install and remove, as it has a nut welded to the bottom of the filter. If you do not have a $100 BMW oil filter already, the K&N would be worth considering for this feature alone.

The $15 oil filter wrenches do not fit the wedge K1200S. Only the authentic BMW wrench, which is priced at $100 will fit. Since I already have the wrench before realizing that K&N only needed a socket wrench, I stick with the BMW filters.

The $15 oil filter wrenches do not fit the wedge K1200S. Only the authentic BMW wrench, which is priced at $100 will fit. Since I already have the wrench before realizing that K&N only needed a socket wrench, I stick with the BMW filters.

this oil filter set of pliers works great on Wedge engines.Available in most auto parts tools section

see post 7 ...I couldn't attach the pic a second time

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?t=43776

That's a pretty sweet wrench, wish I had checked here before getting the BMW wrench.

oil filter crossover number

Hi; you can use a rubber strap wrench to remove filter. I ALSO HAVE AN FILTER RING FOR MY HONDA THAT i WILL SEE IF IT WORKS, IT HAS A 3/8 DRIVE SQUARE HOLE FOR A EXTENTION ON IT. WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR IS A NAPA, PURALATOR, FRAM OR OTHER POPULAR FILTER CROSSOVER NUMBER FOR THE OIL FILTER . THANKS WOODY

Have not seen an option other that Mann or the Mann labeled BMW for the shorty filter. There are lots for Oilheads . John mentions one in post #3...HIFLO Filtro HF164 , I have no info on it

Maybe a friend could send you some over from the mainland? BeemerBoneyard has decent prices, we buy in bulk!

AC/Delco: PF-53
Motorcraft: FL-793
WIX: 51348
Fram: PH-6063 or 3614
NAPA Gold: 1348
Purolator Gold: L10241--
K&N: 164 (yes, the make a super duty oil filter that fits it), $11 bucks at Advance Auto)
SYNLUBE: FNS

Back