• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Ordered a Corazzo 5.0 Leather Today

K

Kirbster919

I placed an order for a Corazzo 5.0 Leather jacket today. Pricey, but I'm a sucker for leather. I wanted one when it first came out, then tried one on at the rally. Needless to say, I just had to have it.

I'm very excited for it, as it fit me perfectly. I'm even more excited that it'll look good on and off the motorcycle. (Anybody else hate it when they look rediculous as they pull up to a coffee shop?)

I searched here for a review and didn't find one. I'll post an initial review in a few days when it arrives. Then I'll post another one in a few weeks, to see how it breaks in and holds up.

(Anybody else hate it when they look ridiculous as they pull up to a coffee shop?)

Hmmm...just as I suspected; a mocha latte double frappucinno sipping Eye-tally-ano pretty boy!

Just give me a grease stained Sturgis rally T-shirt.

:bluduh

Actually, that's a pretty sharp jacket (I Googled it) and I might just be jealous.

That's a nice-looking leather jacket at an amazingly reasonable price.

Congratulations! ;)

I'm even more excited that it'll look good on and off the motorcycle. (Anybody else hate it when they look rediculous as they pull up to a coffee shop?)

Not me. I wear a Roadcrafter two-piece. My old one was toad green. One guy asked me, "Are you some kind of paratrooper"? I looked at him and replied, "Task force delta on an operation but don't tell any body". (Guess who has seen too many movies) :)

Then there was the guy who stopped at a hotel to visit a friend wearing his High-Viz Darien. The desk clerk called the room and said, "There is a fireman here to see you". Note: Higdon was involved - I forget who was who, though I'm pretty sure Bob wasn't the desk clerk.

Last edited:
I had a Volvo 242. It worked perfectly for me, then I sold it to a teacher of mine. Naturally, it had a terrible electrical failure a week after she got it and wasn't worth fixing. She wouldn't let me buy it back from her, no matter how terrible I felt. She then donated it to the Automotive Shop class to take it apart and get an education out of it. Worst part about it was that I was in that class.

The jacket is scheduled to be here tomorrow. I'm riding about 2 hours to Milwaukee for a concert, so I'll have a good feel for the jacket by Saturday.

Anybody else hate it when they look rediculous as they pull up to a coffee shop?

as much as i hate to admit it, it's gonna take more then a nice jacket in order for me not to look ridiculous when pulling up for coffee. :laugh

Got the jacket. Fantastic. At the same time, I'm a little bogged down, so more to come tomorrow.

... And by "tomorrow" I meant a month or two later. I should have taken some pictures, but here is my stance on the jacket.

The good: Wonderfully functional, well thought out. Broad armor, I'd expect this jacket to protect me as well as any during a tumble.

The bad: After 5 full days wearing the jacket, a seam started to come undone. The seam that failed held the short collar onto the jacket, near where the collar snaps to itself. This isn't a "structural" seam, and its not double-stitched like the rest of the seams, but still not acceptable, especially once a jacket gets above the $300 range.

More good: I was near Portland, stopped at Corazzo's shop. Without hesitation they offered to give me a new jacket. The person I spoke with said that he had never seen a seam fail, figuring it was just a fluke. They mailed me a new one because my size was in the other warehouse and I didn't want to stick around.

More bad: The new jacket, which I just took out of the box today, looks to be equally wimpy at the same seam. While the rest of the jacket is wonderful, this part is just awkwardly constructed and is clearly an afterthought. I'm nearly positive its going to fail again. I'm done riding until spring, so rather than continue to be stoked about the jacket, I'm pretty pessimistic until then.

Overall: I should be happy with this jacket, but for the money I just have a bad taste in my mouth. I really want to return it.

In the future: If they let me return it, I'm saving a few more bucks and buying a Vanson.

Watch e-bay, and craigslist for good prices on Vanson, Hein Gericke, or BMW leather jackets. Also suggest the market place at IBMWR, and of course the Flea Market here.

Yup, I would prefer to purchase a used one. Thanks for the tip!

Classy Leather

Even tho' we normally wear fairly decent textile stuff...I still love my semi-custom choclate Thurlow jacket & pants; my wife still looks great in the old gray & dark blue BMW leather jacket......:thumb

Yup.... Returned the jacket. I'm looking for a used Vanson now, we shall see what I end up with. Kind of a shame, since I really liked the reflective aspects of this coat, but I couldn't live with the sour taste after the first incident.

I used to have the Heine Gericke Paris Dakar jacket.

Now those are really nize. Does HG produce anymore and more to the point are they available here in the states? Leather is cool although IMHO they take some time to become "seasoned", i.e. broken in and properly christened with splashes of blood, beer, marmalade . . you get the idea. ;)

I am looking for a used Hein Gericke leather jacket myself. It does not really matter if it is Hein Gericke, First Gear, or Vanson, as long as it has some age on it. I think the leather jackets of yesteryear are better than todays....

I am looking for a used Hein Gericke leather jacket myself. It does not really matter if it is Hein Gericke, First Gear, or Vanson, as long as it has some age on it. I think the leather jackets of yesteryear are better than todays....
You know what I'm talking about then.

Back