• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

i'm thinking that if it's not much over $23k...

f14rio

..i might trade in my new r1200r and go for it.
hey...i'm 64 and i told my kids that when i croak, they ain't gettin' nothin'.

i want them to be SAD at the funeral.

:gerg

Last edited:
..i might trade in my new r1200r and go for it.
hey...i'm 64 and i told my kids that when i croak, they ain't gettin' nothin'.

i want them to be SAD at the funeral.

:ha

(fwiw, BMW marketers say that customers buy their last new motorcycle by age 64....)

(fwiw, BMW marketers say that customers buy their last new motorcycle by age 64....)[/QUOTE]

Bought a R12RT 2007 new and now bought K13GT new in Dec. I'm 67.

Over 64

Bought a R1200R in Feb, when I was 65. I am now 66

If they resurrect the R1200C with a hexhead or HP2 engine, that may be my next purchase, but I will keep the R1200R.

Perhaps BMW will keep it to $29,999.99

The cost in Britain is 19,500, and that converts to $30,981 U.S.

That may include Britain's VAT, but I do not know.

The cost in Britain is 19,500, and that converts to $30,981 U.S.

That may include Britain's VAT, but I do not know.

The cost in the U.K. for the GT entry was just quoted as ?ú 16,000.-
The prices quoted in Europe can not be used as a guideline for future pricing in the U.S. The vehicle has to compete here and pricing has to be set so it can and will.
The BMW SV1000RR is significanlty less expensive in the U.S. than in Germany. I bought two Audis in the last 11 months and each was about $10,000 less in the U.S. than in Germany.

How about $26K is my guess

Bmw in the past has added about 10% when coming out with a completely new model of a like current bike.

As the LT was around $22K to $23K I think BMW will really take advantage of the techy newness of the GTL1600

Back