• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Lolo Pass

bob_m

Large (huge) equipment slated to be used in the Alberta Tar Sand Fields is proposing getting to the work area via Hwy 12.

This article is from a bicycle newsletter, but those two wheelers have lots in common with motorized two wheelers.

http://www.webikeeugene.org/index.php/2010/09/big-oil-threatens-adventure-cycling-routes/

If the equipment moving enterprise gets approval to use that route they will widen and straighten the road. That would be a loss of a wonderful motorcycling road.

Last edited:
I hope that doesn't happen. I rode Lolo Pass this year and found it a delightful road. It would be a shame to lose it.

Muriel

LOLO Pass

Leave it to the greedy oil companies to decide we must have it our way. This road is a riding "wet dream" . I've had the pleasure of riding it 3-4 times and I'd hate to see it destroyed.

Didn't know about the Lolo Pass until I found it by accident on my way from Berkeley to Gillette in 'o8. It was certainly one of the high points of my ride to the National.

Last edited:
Back