• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Another new jacket?

tmoyer

Intermediate Adventurer
We seem to have developed a problem at our house. Everytime we go to a dealer for whatever odd reason, one of us comes home with a new jacket.

It started in March. We went to a gear expo and I bought a new Olympia Airglide riding outfit. Hubby bought a Revit jacket and had to special order pants. After several go-rounds we gave up on the pants because they couldn't get the right size. (that's a long story that's not worth retelling.) He returned his Revit and bought an Olympia. Another swing by the dealer two months later, there sits his previously worn/returned Revit marked down for quick sale. He bought it AGAIN. Yesterday, I dropped my bike off for service and came home with a new high-vis Olympia AST jacket. Hanging in the garage, we now have a total of six motorcycle jackets, not counting those that we just haven't parted with for whatever reason.

How do I cure this sickness?? :hungover

When buying something that's over a hundred dollars, you should ask yourself
"Do I really need this or do I just want it? "

We seem to have developed a problem at our house. Everytime we go to a dealer for whatever odd reason, one of us comes home with a new jacket.

It started in March. We went to a gear expo and I bought a new Olympia Airglide riding outfit. Hubby bought a Revit jacket and had to special order pants. After several go-rounds we gave up on the pants because they couldn't get the right size. (that's a long story that's not worth retelling.) He returned his Revit and bought an Olympia. Another swing by the dealer two months later, there sits his previously worn/returned Revit marked down for quick sale. He bought it AGAIN. Yesterday, I dropped my bike off for service and came home with a new high-vis Olympia AST jacket. Hanging in the garage, we now have a total of six motorcycle jackets, not counting those that we just haven't parted with for whatever reason.

It is time for two new BMWs.

You will immediately stop worrying about jackets.

Easy:german

Hanging in the garage, we now have a total of six motorcycle jackets, not counting those that we just haven't parted with for whatever reason.

Beginners. I'm up to 26, but I might have missed a few. :dunno

When buying something that's over a hundred dollars, you should ask yourself
"Do I really need this or do I just want it? "

and that changes things how?:laugh:laugh:laugh

We often get asked if we are an apparrel store with at least 8 helmets that both of us can wear...and at least 7 jackets apiece at any given time...you gotta coordinate with the bike you are riding at the moment :dance

Stay away from the dealer? :dunno

Sounds like many of us who are in search of that elusive perfect fitting, all weather, four season, good looking, great protection, go anywhere, do everything, favorite outfit.

Sorry, there is no cure. The search continues...

and that changes things how?:laugh:laugh:laugh

We often get asked if we are an apparrel store with at least 8 helmets that both of us can wear...and at least 7 jackets apiece at any given time...you gotta coordinate with the bike you are riding at the moment :dance

That's good! :rofl:rofl:rofl

You got to love the effort, to sell you something you don't know you want and don't know you need.

Do people who live near the north pole put ice in their drinks?

Easy :german

I've a few jackets over the years . . . .
Aerostich Darien with Kanetsu heated jacket. Initial purchase, think I've worn the Darien twice.
Revit Airflow (matching pants). Worn only in hottest weather.
And my favorite, a Tourmaster Pivot 2 (Tourmaster pants with rain AND cold liner, not sure if they are Pivots) which is so versatile with it's removable liner that it's the jacket I wear almost always. If it gets cold I yank it's liner and wear the Kanetsu inside.
When I started I took advice from others as to what gear I want but for anyone it's only time and experience that will guide you to what works best . . . for you.
Beyond that and with all due respect to Steve (and I mean that) and tommcgee (26?!) it's all vanity.

Tracy:

These are avocation driven purchases, so it's no different than having a collection of, say, watches. I happen to collect ski and outdoor technical clothing and gear. I just like the stuff; it's a hobby.

Oh yeah, and we have cameras...:D

Tracy:

These are avocation driven purchases, so it's no different than having a collection of, say, watches. I happen to collect ski and outdoor technical clothing and gear. I just like the stuff; it's a hobby.

Oh yeah, and we have cameras...:D

And don't forget down here in Texas, it's all about the guns:laugh... between the hunters and the "collectors" I know some folks that could equip a small militia:whistle

Beginners. I'm up to 26, but I might have missed a few. :dunno

Excellent, we understand each other. :brow

I am grateful for the 5 bedrooms in my house - each closet
is a potential leather surprise !

In fact I just obtained a vintage Motorrad navy/white roadster
motorcycle jacket ... she is a BEAUTY indeed ! Will not match
my black Series 6 helmet but that is just fine ...

Regards,

Lynn

Back