• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

BMW Streetguard 3 Suit

jurgen

Daily Rider
Hi all,
I'm thinking of buying one.

If you own one, what has been your experience with it?

Do you / can you wear it year-round?

What's good about it, what don't you like?

TIA

Some things to keep in mind when you read my comments. I ride an R1200RT, so I have good wind protection. I primarily ride to commute to work - about an hour each way. Lowest temperature I have ridden in so far is about 42 dF.

I have a BMW AirShell Jacket and StreetGuard 3 pants.

AirShell Jacket without liner has been good from ~67 dF to 100+ dF.
AirShell Jacket with liner has been good from ~42 dF to 67 dF, too hot once you get above ~73 dF.

StreetGuard 3 Pants without liner has been good from ~42 dF to 67 dF, too hot and clammy for me above that. I have not ridden with the liner yet, but am guessing I should be good from 30 dF to 50 dF.

YMMV

--Galvin

Back