• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Baxley LA Chock Question

J

JIMK23

Anyone have a Baxley Chock for their trailer? I just got mine and the front tire gets stuck in the chock and I can't pull it back out as it is supposed to do. I had it in the #2 position and the bike stood up right without any help but I could not pull it back out of the chock while sitting on the seat. Had to get someone to push it back out. I then put in the #3 and then #4 position to widen the chock and the bike was not stable and would not stand on its own while in the chock. I did all this with the chock sitting on the garage floor. It is supposed to do this without being bolted down.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I haven't called Baxley customer service yet.

I have a couple of the LA Chocks on my trailer. They are supposed to grip the tire tightly. I believe the documentation packed with them had recommended settings for a given tire width.

I do not sit on the bike when I back it out of the chock. I stand to the left and "rock" it out by pushing & pulling gently on the hand grips - no harder than I would to roll the bike around the yard. No problems yet, but I rarely use the trailer. I also always stand to the left of the motorcycle to put it on and off of the center stand. It just works better for me than staying astride. YMMV.

Roy F

Thanks for the reply. I called Baxley and talked to the tech. Got it squared away. Works fine now.

Last edited:
Back