• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Online access while at the rally?

j-budimlya

Jim Bud
Can anyone offer any advice where we might be able to get online access while at the rally. I am not planning to bring my computer, however I could if I have to. I'm hoping that a library or the university will have public access. Any thoughts??

:idea :confused: :idea

j-budimlya said:
Can anyone offer any advice where we might be able to get online access while at the rally. I am not planning to bring my computer, however I could if I have to. I'm hoping that a library or the university will have public access. Any thoughts??

:idea :confused: :idea

In the past, they've had an internet cafe set up in the vendor area.

We're staying at a hotel that provides free highspeed internet access, so I'll be posting pictures of the rally here while the rally is underway. (Have to bring my laptop to stay in touch, in some small degree, with work)

I'm sure any member here could do the same at the internet cafe.

Rally Internet access

Sorry Dave, but this year there will be no BMW MOA Internet Cafe in the Vendor area.

No one wanted to take responsibility to chair the Cyber Cafe committee, despite requests to the IBMWR community and it's admins, amongst others who were asked.

There are no commercial cyber cafes in Charleston that I know of, but there are plenty of libraries in the area, including one just down the street from the Civic Center.

If somebody wants to step up to take charge of a MOA Cyber Cafe at the Rally, it's still not too late. There are plenty of computer equipment companies in Charleston where we can rent any equipment needed and the Civic Cneter is already wired with T-1 lines in the vendor area just waiting for us to use.

Hey, maybe we can just make your room the Cyber Cafe.:)

Back