• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Rick Mayer Saddle

B

BOBSST

Used the original equipment for 34,000 miles - Went for a ride in appointment w/ Rick on Tuesday - what an improvement!

24sm.jpg

25sm.jpg

My seat arrives this coming Tuesday (the 21st), can't wait.

But then my right arm/hand is in a cast till mid-Oct., so all I'll be able to do is sit and look, but that works too.

Question?

Is Rick a hands on owner and do some of the seats? I've got his Brothers, Rocky, seat and its quite fine too, but he is very little into the building part. So, does Rick? Both these guys are about an equal ride for me and I have another bike needing a seat. I would like to see an owner get into what he preaches, with his own fingerprints:). A lot of seats probably requires a lot of workerbees I know, but? Randy

As of three years ago, when I had the seat done on my R1200ST (very much like BobST's bike!), Rick made them all. He has had an assistant from time to time, but I've never seen anyone else do the foam work. For the record, I have 4 seats done by Rick.

Very much hands on. Rick did the "consulting, design" and foam work, another for the sewing and another stapled it together. Janell (sp?) handles the paper work and keeps the boys inline. About 3 hrs. from start to finish.

That is a GOOD lookin' bike. RM saddles are da bomb. I got one on my 1150GS and took a 3500 mile ride (with a stop at the Rally in Redmond) and really love that seat.

But I've always been one who loved the look of the poor ST which did not last long in the BMW line up. I think they are great lookin' bikes and yours is a fine, fine example.

"But I've always been one who loved the look of the poor ST which did not last long in the BMW line up. I think they are great lookin' bikes and yours is a fine, fine example."

Well thanks Munch!

No fancy one here, but looks good to me.

I just recently bought a Rick Mayer Saddle for my R1100S.

I live in Alaska and the bike is in Denver and Rick's shop is in California..
The blank saddle came from North Carolina, and all was done on the internet, all was seemless, and I get to go and ride it in a week.:p

I am very happy with the look... my son says, "I'll will never use the stock seat again... dump it."

Thanks Rick and crew for making this a easy and reasonable purchase.

Here is a picture.

Jim Dahl
Ketchikan, Alaska

Attachments

• 2010-09-19 18_29_37.jpg
    2010-09-19 18_29_37.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 1,031
R1200R Rick Mayer seat

My OEM seat was a 30-minute max torture rack.

Called Rick and had the fix in about 9 weeks. Great service, great product well worth the money. I did mine totally over the phone and via email without problem. The new seat is an easy all-day saddle, and even the Boss Lady loves it.

Original vs Rick Mayer:

rickmayer-1.jpg

On the bike:

rickmayer5-1.jpg

rickmayer3.jpg

Back