• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

One more Tire Thread

dkandersen

Time for a new front tire. I've got a K100RS and do mostly commuting and the occasional mid-range road trip, so lots of freeway miles, sometimes in questionable weather. So I need good wet traction and good mileage, but not a track tire. I'm running Bridgestones now. I'm moderately pleased, but am always looking for good info when a decision must be made. Anybody out there have experience they would like to share on their tire experience?

I've run them exclusively on my last four motorcycle, and have no complaints about Dunlop 491 Elite II's.

Plenty sticky, long mileage, and they wear well and evenly.

I'm running a '94 K1100LT, just put on my second set of ME-880's, got 28K on front and 18K on rear. I'm not sure if those are available in your sizes F&R. Another that you might consider is also Metz's 330/550, which came out last year and are a matched set. I've heard good things about them from folks who run them. The 880's also seemed to handle well in my application, as my "chicken strips" were not very wide.

Last edited:
ME330/ME550

Just put the subject tires on my K75S 1993 and it goes straighter and holds a corner line better than my Me33/ME55 ever did. Feels good in wet too. How they wear time will tell but the bike feels GREAT with these tires!!;)

ME 330/550 and Ohlin Shocks

This is a repeat of one of my earlier postings, but I put the ME330/550 on my 1992 k75s recently and they have given me a lot more confidence cornering. I really was not expecting much difference from the old Metzler tires, but I found it to be very noticeable. Not enough miles yet to gage wear.

Anyone have any recommendations for Ohlin shocks for k75's ? Are they worth the money?

Ohlins?

I've got Ohlins on my S and on my VFR. Like a moron, we sold the ones that were on our RS before we managed to sell the bike.

They're awesome. The only way I can describe it is they have more bandwidth. The small stuff disappears and the big stuff gets damped nicely.

I think they're worth it and if MrsKBasa had her way, she'd have a set on her Roadster already.

Back