• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

First Gear Rainier Jacket/Escape Pants vs RevIt Sand

KevinRT

KevinRT
I am considering purchasing one of the above and am wondering if anyone has any experience with either setup. I have surfed and found rider comments but they are comments regarding older versions, particularly with the Rainier jacket.

TIA

Been using the First Gear Rainer jacket for almost 3 years. Love it. Zip out inner liner works well as a warm jacket when walking around. No issues with the jacket in the weather. Do need to use heated gear in cold weather.

I live in Yuma Az and wear the jacket year round. From temps in the low 30's to 114+

bob

I was pondering the same thing last year! I went with the rev'it and I do love it. The Ranier was a bit more heavy and most of my riding is in TX, that's the only reason I went the way I did. The ranier is a great looking jacket and I really like all the "boy scout" pockets and features.
I've ridden the rev'it down to about 50 degrees with no discomfort. It seems the more you wear it the more comfortable it gets!

Only complaint....the loop that holds the collar closed/open tore in about 2 months. No big deal really, easily repaired with needle and thread.

Purchased the Ranier jacket last fall (2009 model). It's my cool weather jacket. Love it. I shopped around before buying it. What impressed me about the Rainer is that it is not overly complicated. Compared to most of the other jackets I tried at various stores, the Rainer is easy to remove and put back on. It has lots of pockets, many of which are waterproof, and has no useless straps or buckles, etc.

Back