• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Schuberth Helmets

C3 Schuberth

I have been wearing one for about 2 months now :nyah

I ordered it online from a German company Fc Moto. I paid just under $500 with shipping, no tax. Very nice helmet, light and quietest helmet I have owned. Easy one touch flip-up latch, built in sun shade. I took out the fog shield inside the shield as I just couldn't get used to it.
The only down side, is the face shield does not snap out like the old C2 to allow more air flow around the face shield. Only open or closed positions. Shield seems to stay open while riding easier without wind closing it. New slick removal of face shield without taking any thing apart just push up on small lever and pull up and off. Snaps back in place quickly as well.
So far this is my favorite helmet and I have a C1, and C2. Also this helmet, unlike the C2 is available in a XXXL (64/65 CM) size as I have a fat head:brow
Schuberth has promised a return to the US this fall with new dealer network to be announced in the fall as well. No word thus far.

Hope this answers your questions?

Thats really what I wanted to know. I have about 5 years on a C2 and am looking to replace it.
I really did like the way the shield popped away from the helmet on the C2 for just a little defog or ventilation.

Someone I know has been wearing one for about a year. He's pretty happy with it. Says its fairly quiet, and the fit/finish is good. he's not happy that the 'pop out' feature isn't on the new one. he says he's not sure which one he likes best, pro's and con's on both.

I tried one on at the Redmond rally, just waiting patiently for them to show up here.

I just checked pricing from the European web site mentioned above & came up with $449 EURO, or about $639 for the C3...

How did you get it for under $500???

The price shown includes VAT which will be deducted since it is shipped to USA. Thats about 19-20% I believe. That should put it pretty close to $500.

I bought the C3 last fall in Germany and am quite happy with it. It scored at the top of the pack in numerous safety tests. Expensive but worth the extra protection to me.

The faceshield with pinlock visor works great - no more need for the various visor seetings the C2 had. Removing the visor for cleaning is a 1 second affair, no longer fiddling with extra parts and pieces as in the earlier Concept and C2 models.

I also have the SRC bluetooth collar. I have paired it with a set of Cardo G4s and communication bike-to-bike worked great for up to about 1000 ft. Also, phone hookup to my Blackberry Curve 5300 works without problems. Now I'm looking at the Zumo 665...

Last July in Germany I also saw a pinlock visor for the C2 (by Schuberth) at an accessories store.

Only pan so far is the velcro pad on the chinstrap which is wearing out. Cheap velcro, it seems.

Last edited:
Has anyone played with their C2 visor to tighten the up position?Perhaps the use of a shim?
I like to get a blast of air at times and the tendency to drop can be annoying.Otherwise, my all time favorite helmet!

My assumption is that the helmet is designed so that the airstream closes the visor. If that wasn't the case, the visor might suddenly open just as you pass the triple digits mark:laugh

Schuberth dealer update

For anyone interested in a Schuberth helmet, Sierra BMW (www.sierrabmw.com) appears to be postured for delivery very soon. Their phone number is: 775-355-0655. Parts manager Tom Lynn can provide you with the latest information.

Happy trails!

Anyone have any experience with the C3 ?

Not a C3 but a C2. I always buy the previous model when a new model is introduced.

And now that someone stated that the C3's visor does not snap forward for additional ventilation, I am glad I did. The ventilation on the C1 and C2 is excellent...provided you can snap the visor forward, otherwise it would be like having your head in a sauna.

I paid 289 Euro for a silver metallic C2.

Has anyone played with their C2 visor to tighten the up position?Perhaps the use of a shim?
I like to get a blast of air at times and the tendency to drop can be annoying.Otherwise, my all time favorite helmet!

I've used a 1 in piece of fuel line with a cut length wise to open it up. Pop it on the front of the face shield. Opens up the shield just enough for a good blast of air.

I'll be the outlier on the thread. I have an S1. It's quiet and the shell is very well constructed. I like the flip down sun visor. But I also find it very heavy and, more importantly, the padding is horrible compared to my Arai. I now use it for errands around town but that's about it. So I personally would be hesitant to get another one.

The U.S. prices for Schuberth C3 helmets are just ridiculous -- $700 for the helmet and another $400 for the audio set if you want it. Depending on who you order from, with tax and shipping it can be almost $1200 bucks for the two.

But, this this what I really wanted for X-Mas... so I began pricing it world-wide. The cheapest was at FC-Moto in Germany, but I was a bit skeptical based on some posts elsewhere about their turnaround. They sent me an email with an additional 10% off, and I pulled the trigger. Got the helmet and comm system from them for $825 to my door! Thats over 30% off the current U.S. price! I ordered a week ago because I wanted it by christmas, and was scared of the time it would take -- it showed up yesterday!

Now I have to sit and wait to play with it until Christmas, according to the wife :nono

But I did get to take it out of the box to "make sure everything is there and it fits" I am amazed by how light this helmet is -- I am coming from a Nolan N-103 with all the whistles and bells.

In short this helmet is amazing, and dont be afraid to order it from germany (DHL shipping was a total of $20, less than both the U.S. suppliers shipping quotes UPDATED - some offering free shipping us now)

Last edited:
you are correct, updated... and just to be clear, jc motors is the best US deal I could find 1098 to your door, no tax no shipping. sierra wanted shipping and website wouldnt tell me if they charged tax unless I gave them CC info first

Back