• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2010 Colors in the Catskills 3

Friedle

'99 '03 '06 National Co-Rally Chair
Colors in the Catskills 3
October 1-3, 2010
Hunter Mountain Ski Area
Hunter, NY

Event Overview of COLORS IN THE CATSKILLS 3

The 2010 event is being brought to you by the Hunter Mountain Oktoberfest and MAX BMW. Thanks also to our friends at BackRoads Magazine for their support and assistance. www.backroadsusa.com

All brands of motorcycles are welcome to attend. There will be something for everyone. We will have off road events, sport riding, sport touring, and touring rides set up for your self guided enjoyment. There will be a number of high quality motorcycle vendors on site in addition to the Oktoberfest vendors. Seminars will be offered on topics of interest to all motorcycle riders. There will be daily entertainment on site on Saturday and Sunday as part of the Oktoberfest activities. Chair lift rides will be available to the summit of Hunter Mountain for stunning views of the ÔÇ£Colors in the CatskillsÔÇØ. You can even rent a mountain bike to take up the chair lift with you and then ride down Hunter as fast as you wish for a definite adrenaline rush!

We will be offering free off road riding skills schools on Saturday and Sunday led by members of TEAM MAX of Pikes Peak and RallyMoto fame. Here is your chance to find out what your off road or dual sport bike is really capable of doing with some training. MAX BMW has also arranged for the BMW Demo Truck to be on site Saturday, 2 October, offering rides on the latest BMW models.

Come join us for a day or the entire weekend. Last year 2,300 riders joined us for some part of the weekend activities. Bring all your friends along to enjoy the ÔÇ£Colors in the CatskillsÔÇØ. Stay on site, in nearby lodging or take advantage of the on siteÔÇØ camping offer.

Pre registration is not necessary. There is no pre registration even offered. There is no Rally fee!

ITÔÇÖS FREE!!!

We hope to see you there. Keep checking back at www.HunterMtn.com for additional offerings and updates.

Michael Friedle
BMW MOA Ambassador
mfriedle@verizon.net
Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Stuff

Colors in the Catskills 3
October 1-3, 2010
Hunter Mountain Ski Area
Come join us for a day or the entire weekend. Last year 2,300 riders joined us for some part of the weekend activities. Pre registration is not necessary. There is no pre registration even offered. There is no Rally fee!
Keep checking back at www.HunterMtn.com for additional offerings and updates.
Michael Friedle
BMW MOA Ambassador
mfriedle@verizon.net
Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Stuff

I'm moteling it in Kingston, 31 miles away (I think).
When do festivities start off? As in what time?
I'd hate to show up at noon friday and nothing is ready.
max

I believe, Michael can correct me.. It's free as in no-charge, no-cost, free. Mebbe there is more on the website?

http://www.huntermtn.com/huntermtn/festivals/summer-festivals-bmw.aspx
Hmmm.. just sez "On-site camping available "

Time to ask Michael.
Last year camping was $15 per nite. I expect that this year will be similar. If not, Michael can correct me. :)

Admission to the event is FREE! The food vendors are not free, but who would expect them to be?

tb

CIC 3 camping and lodging info

Sorry, I haven't been on the Forum in a couple of days.

Lodging information:
There are a couple of onsite options. One is the Kaatskill Hotel, a luxury spa and lodging option. Prices have been greatly discounted from the rack rate, and also from what is charged for other Hunter Mountain festival events, but it is still the most expensive lodging in the area. The "pro" is that it is within easy stumbling distance of the CIC and the Oktoberfest activities. The onsite condos are about the same price as the hotel rooms, are located next to the hotel area, and come with "condo" ammenities such as a kitchen. Both types of lodging can be reserved from the www.HunterMtn.com Festival webpage, Colors in the Catskills by using the blue link thingy.

Camping information:
Onsite camping will be available for Friday and Saturday nights. Cost will be $15 per night. Camping permits will be available on line, much the same as you might buy a ski lift ticket, or at the event. Hunter should be putting up another link on the Festival web page shortly for camping passes. There will be porta potties and potable water around the camping area as well as indoor restrooms with sinks, mirrors and hot air hand driers within easy walking distance of the camp area. The camping area will be adjacent to the vending area and near the Oktoberfest craft, food and beer vendors. It is a nice grassy area, much of it flat, some on a gentle slope.

There are a couple of New York State campgrounds in the area that are still open at that time of the year, but they are farther away and are more expensive than camping onsite.

Hope that helps.

Michael Friedle

CIC 3 Lodging

I forgot to mention the local tourism website as another option for lodging. Go to www.greenetourism.com for the Greene County New York tourism agency, look for the lodging section. The nearest towns to the event are Hunter, Tannersville and Windham. There is plenty of local lodging, no need to stay 31 miles away in Kingston unless you want to.

Another question answered: The event activities will open to the public at 10 am on Friday and end at 6 pm on Sunday. Come enjoy as much of it as you wish.

Michael Friedle

Colors in the catskills

HEY EVERYONE...GREETINGS FROM HUNTER MOUNTAIN...HOME OF THE 3RD ANNUAL COLORS IN THE CATSKILLS!

CAMPING REGISTRATION is now available online. $15 per night for two bikes and one tent per site. There will be potable water and inside restrooms available. I am working on a shower facility with a summer camp across the street from Hunter and will post more when I hear back from them.

LINK TO CAMPING REGISTRATION: https://eski.huntermtn.com/itemList.aspx?node_id=1079200

We are solidifying plans for Friday evening. We plan to have Colonels Hall open with live music till 9:30pm...music starting at 6pm. There will be a beer bar in Colonels Hall...a perfect meeting place. :beer

The Hunter Mountain Oktoberfest does not begin till Saturday...but once it gets rolling it'll be a great time.

The skyride to a newly constructed deck on the mountain will be open on Saturday and Sunday. This is really a must do...the view is spectacular.

A little view of last year....

Bikes of all shapes and sizes
0488.jpg

Shopping With A View...
0532.jpg

People Who Look Like Their Bikes...
0545.jpg

Perfect Parking...
0581.jpg

Beer Drinking Merriment
0777.jpg

And Great Music All Weekend Long...
0748.jpg

So come one...come all...to the Colors In The Catskills 3...where there's fun for everyone.

To Make This Even More Fun...

They'll be two random questions per day starting tomorrow and each day following leading all the way up to the Colors in the Catskills. The first person to post the correct answer wins a pair of skyride tickets valued at $16.

I will also be giving away a two night stay at the Kaatskill Mountain Club for the 2011 Colors in the Catskills...valued at $320. You must register to win at the Hunter Mountain tent on-site on either Saturday or Sunday.

It's Free!

Did anyone mention it's <A href="http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2028826930102741015tmTHYt">FREE!</A>

new to BMW MOA

Hi everyone,
My name is Rick Shrier and I purchased an 04 R1150RT in July after being an avid scooterist. I immediately joined MOA and have ridden over 4500 miles over the past couple of months.

I am planning on attending the Color in the Catskill Motorcycle Rally and look forward to meeting some of you there.

This forum has been extremely helpful getting to know my Beemer.
Rick Shrier
Westborough, MA

RV camping available?

Hey, looks like a great rally and would love to attend with my wife. As old farts we sometimes like to use our RV instead of a tent. Dry camping is fine, can we also do this for the $15 a night?;)

Colors

Hey, looks like a great rally and would love to attend with my wife. As old farts we sometimes like to use our RV instead of a tent. Dry camping is fine, can we also do this for the $15 a night?;)

You can park the RV in the Oktoberfest parking lot for free, no electric or water, but level. Right next to the bike parking area for the Colors.

How does that sound?

Friedle

Query: Specific Schedule/List of Vendors?

Is a specific schedule of events and times, and a list of vendors available yet? I've already been to the Hunter Montain Website and the Color in the Catskills website, and they just list general things like bands, food, beer, Max's Demo truck, etc.

Thanks and looking forward to riding some great roads and meeting some other riders!

Good weather

I thought it might be fun to go to Whaky Hat.A freind of mine said you should go to Color in the Catskills and take the off road course instead.So I booked two nites of camping.OK$30.00.But then I needed off road tires and while at Max I might as well get my oil changed.OK $510.00.So while I was there they had this sweet 09 Triumph Bonneville they had just taken on trade.Ok$5700.00.I hope theweather is good this weekkend.

I thought it might be fun to go to Whaky Hat.A freind of mine said you should go to Color in the Catskills and take the off road course instead.So I booked two nites of camping.OK$30.00.But then I needed off road tires and while at Max I might as well get my oil changed.OK $510.00.So while I was there they had this sweet 09 Triumph Bonneville they had just taken on trade.Ok$5700.00.I hope theweather is good this weekkend.

BMW = Bring My Wallet . . . well, in this case, YOUR wallet:bolt
;)

Is a specific schedule of events and times, and a list of vendors available yet? I've already been to the Hunter Montain Website and the Color in the Catskills website, and they just list general things like bands, food, beer, Max's Demo truck, etc.

Thanks and looking forward to riding some great roads and meeting some other riders!

We will be there with our Roadgear and Powerlet products including some pretty good deals on heated gear.

Colors 3

Is there a vertical ride to the top of the mountain again this year, using the ski slopes?

Fred

Summit rides are part of the TEAM MAX experience. I do believe they will be happening, but check in with Max at the BMW Demo truck when you arrive for specific information.

Friedle

I hope the rain doesn't scare too many people away like last year. I'm leaving today as soon as the rain stops and taking the long way up. See you guys there!

Rob

Back