• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Special weather statement

grafikfeat

National Weather Service Warning - Special Weather Statement
Issued: 3:31 AM Aug 27 Will Expire: 3:45 PM Aug 27

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PENDLETON OR
331 AM PDT FRI AUG 27 2010

EASTERN COLUMBIA RIVER GORGE OF OREGON-NORTH CENTRAL OREGON-
CENTRAL OREGON-LOWER COLUMBIA BASIN OF OREGON-GRANDE RONDE VALLEY-
WALLOWA COUNTY-FOOTHILLS OF THE BLUE MOUNTAINS OF OREGON-
NORTHERN BLUE MOUNTAINS OF OREGON-
SOUTHERN BLUE MOUNTAINS OF OREGON-
NORTHERN WHEELER AND SOUTHERN GILLIAM COUNTIES-JOHN DAY BASIN-
OCHOCO-JOHN DAY HIGHLANDS-
EASTERN COLUMBIA RIVER GORGE OF WASHINGTON-KITTITAS VALLEY-
YAKIMA VALLEY-LOWER COLUMBIA BASIN OF WASHINGTON-
FOOTHILLS OF THE BLUE MOUNTAINS OF WASHINGTON-
NORTHWEST BLUE MOUNTAINS OF WASHINGTON-
EAST SLOPES OF THE CENTRAL CASCADES OF WASHINGTON-
EAST SLOPES OF THE SOUTHERN CASCADES OF WASHINGTON-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...THE DALLES...DUFUR...MADRAS...MAUPIN...
MORO...BEND...LA PINE...PRINEVILLE...REDMOND...ARLINGTON...
BOARDMAN...HERMISTON...LA GRANDE...ELGIN...UNION...ENTERPRISE...
JOSEPH...WALLOWA...HEPPNER...PENDLETON...MEACHAM...TOLLGATE...
UKIAH...CONDON...FOSSIL...SPRAY...JOHN DAY...MONUMENT...
DAYVILLE...LONG CREEK...MITCHELL...SENECA...WHITE SALMON...
ELLENSBURG...SUNNYSIDE...YAKIMA...CONNELL...PROSSER...
TRI-CITIES...DAYTON...WAITSBURG...WALLA WALLA...CLE ELUM...
EASTON...ROSLYN...NACHES...GOLDENDALE...APPLETON...TROUT LAKE...
BICKLETON
331 AM PDT FRI AUG 27 2010

...UNSEASONABLY COOL THIS WEEKEND...

A LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM MOVING SOUTH FROM BRITISH COLUMBIA AND
ACROSS THE PACIFIC NORTHWEST WILL BRING MUCH COOLER TEMPERATURES
OVER EASTERN WASHINGTON AND EASTERN OREGON THIS WEEKEND. AFTERNOON
TEMPERATURES WILL BE IN THE MID 60S TO MID 70S AND OVERNIGHT LOWS
WILL BE IN THE MID 30S TO MID 40S OVER MOST OF THE REGION.
ISOLATED TO SCATTERED MOUNTAIN SHOWERS CAN ALSO BE EXPECTED.
THE HIGH ELEVATIONS OF THE EAGLE CAP MOUNTAINS ELKHORN MOUNTAINS
AND THE STRAWBERRY MOUNTAIN WILDERNESS MAY SEE LIGHT SNOW
ACCUMULATIONS LATE SATURDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT.

HIKERS CAMPERS AND OTHER OUTDOOR ENTHUSIASTS SHOULD BE PREPARED
FOR THE UNSEASONABLY COOL WEATHER AND BRING EXTRA CLOTHING IF
SPENDING TIME IN THE MOUNTAINS.

What is up with the weather?

On Monday, I rode into town in the mid afternoon and the time/temp display at the funeral home said it was 101F out, and we had Red Flag warnings for fire weather (high temps and low humidity).

Wednesday, the wind was blowing so hard up on the Waterville Plateau that the County and WSP closed half the roads up there because of zero visibility due to blowing dust.

Then this morning, I hop on the bike to head to work (around 0620) and it was 46F out. Only a 13 mile ride but my fingers were about numb in my thin Lee Parks gloves. And it looks like its gonna rain tonight, too.

Geezz... I was kind of hoping for SOME late summer type weather before winter set in.

Yup, freezing our butts off this weekend... Took a cruise up to Edmonton and back to Calgary yesterday. Violent winds and never got warmer than 12C... sheesh, I hate this global warming!

Yup, freezing our butts off this weekend... Took a cruise up to Edmonton and back to Calgary yesterday. Violent winds and never got warmer than 12C... sheesh, I hate this global warming!

Yeah, I hate when they only show pictures of glaciers receding during the summer months.
Why not show them in the winter months!?

Wassup Wif Dat? :scratch

NW weather

Just returned from a mini-vacation with the family to the OR coast. We left Boise on Thursday pm ~5:30 and it was 108 degrees F on the freeway. Bucked 60+ mph winds all the way over the Blue Mtns to Pendleton, where we stopped for a quick bite and stretch. Pulling into Pendleton, the temp was down to 56 degrees. That's over a 50 degree change in temps in just over 4 hrs of driving. The front was a strong one and radically changed our temps.

The weather in PDX (for a wedding on Saturday and running around on Sunday (Malibu Grand Prix is a blast!!!)) was beautiful but cool. My folks in Tillamook received the first measurable rainfall in over 6 weeks. Quite unusual for the coast, even in summer.

Starting to feel a bit like fall around here now. Supposed to be warming a bit by the end of the week but then back to cool temps. Time to check my powder for primitive weapons season later this month! Gotta thin the herd for the GS riders!

As for global warming, a scientific topic that unfortunately verges on the fringes of political discussion, which I will choose to avoid with this entry.

Back