• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

bmw dealerships into zumo 550

chrismiii

R1100RT,K75,Burgman650
does anyone have a bmw USA dealership loacation file and a way of loading it into a zumo 550?

Send the POI owner an e-mail with the updates.
I did and got a new POI database back the same day.
Cool, huh ?

When was it updated last? Mine is Oct 2009. If your's is newer, how about posting it somewhere or making it available...

That's great. I actually didn't see you'd posted that until I just now went back and looked at the entire thread.

Thanks.

Haven't had time to install the new POI yet. I'll try to get that done today.

That said, I want to note that the POI file I have is not accurate - at least in two dealerships. They're close - but in either case - not really close enough.

One is the dealer in Las Vegas, NV. The POI takes you to a shopping/office center on the south side of the street. Once in that parking area, you can't see much on the north side of the street. In fact, the BMW dealer is in similar shopping/office center on the north side. Additionally, when you enter the center, you see the parts/shop to the front and right of the entrance of the center. When I got there, there was no one there and a sign was on the door to go to the showroom. From the shop area - it's difficult to see that the showroom is all the way across the center and not very obvious. There is no phone number posted on the door at the parts/shop building. I got lucky and someone rode in that had an appointment for service. He was as lost as I was. However, he had their phone number and was able to call and find out how to find the showroom. I mentioned to the guys at the shop - who were great - that they needed to make sure people riding in that didn't know the shop - could find them or post a phone number on the door. The reply was they had a sign that said to come to the showroom. I told them the showroom wasn't that easy for a stranger to find. I don't think they understood. I was there to grab a headlight that blew out while I was on the road. They hooked me up and I headded back out - not having time to help them understand what they see - working there and knowing the area - is NOT what strangers see. Oh well. It is a nicely appointed shop and they good guys that helped get me in and out. Jsut wish they could understand the problem. Wither way - the GPS POI being wrong didn't help matters either.

The other is Sandia BMW in Albuquerque, NM. This one is really bad. Pan American Hwy is a north south that's divided by I25. The shop is on the west side of I25. The POI takes you to the east side [north]. I'd never been to that shop but have been south on I25 and recalled seeing the BMW Car dealer from the interstate - on the west side - South Pan American. After some riding around to find out how to actually get on Pan American south - no problem but I have some idea where I was headed since I live in NM and have been on I25 a number of times.

For me, that's two out of two that were wrong. I'll get the new file in the GPS and will be able to check them both out by lat/long and let yuou know how at least those two shake out.

Haven't had time to install the new POI yet. I'll try to get that done today.

That said, I want to note that the POI file I have is not accurate - at least in two dealerships. They're close - but in either case - not really close enough.

One is the dealer in Las Vegas, NV. The POI takes you to a shopping/office center on the south side of the street. Once in that parking area, you can't see much on the north side of the street. In fact, the BMW dealer is in similar shopping/office center on the north side. Additionally, when you enter the center, you see the parts/shop to the front and right of the entrance of the center. When I got there, there was no one there and a sign was on the door to go to the showroom. From the shop area - it's difficult to see that the showroom is all the way across the center and not very obvious. There is no phone number posted on the door at the parts/shop building. I got lucky and someone rode in that had an appointment for service. He was as lost as I was. However, he had their phone number and was able to call and find out how to find the showroom. I mentioned to the guys at the shop - who were great - that they needed to make sure people riding in that didn't know the shop - could find them or post a phone number on the door. The reply was they had a sign that said to come to the showroom. I told them the showroom wasn't that easy for a stranger to find. I don't think they understood. I was there to grab a headlight that blew out while I was on the road. They hooked me up and I headded back out - not having time to help them understand what they see - working there and knowing the area - is NOT what strangers see. Oh well. It is a nicely appointed shop and they good guys that helped get me in and out. Jsut wish they could understand the problem. Wither way - the GPS POI being wrong didn't help matters either.

The other is Sandia BMW in Albuquerque, NM. This one is really bad. Pan American Hwy is a north south that's divided by I25. The shop is on the west side of I25. The POI takes you to the east side [north]. I'd never been to that shop but have been south on I25 and recalled seeing the BMW Car dealer from the interstate - on the west side - South Pan American. After some riding around to find out how to actually get on Pan American south - no problem but I have some idea where I was headed since I live in NM and have been on I25 a number of times.

For me, that's two out of two that were wrong. I'll get the new file in the GPS and will be able to check them both out by lat/long and let yuou know how at least those two shake out.

Yes, Sandia is way off base. But then when I got to the actual dealership, I forgot to note the proper location so I could get the correct coordinates into the file.

The new file, is also well of the mark. Same as the old file, for Sandia BMW.

See my next post - this one is inaccurate.

Last edited:
Sandia BMW is located at 6001 Pan Americian Hwy, Albuquerque, NM.

N35.14874
W106.59066

I stand corrected - I loaded the POI files but didn't remove the old one - I was still looking at the old file. The new one posted from NOCAL is accurate for Sandia BMW.

Sorry for any confusion.

Last edited:
Back