• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Olympia Airglide 3 pants

dbaliko

I have an Olympia Airglide 2 jacket and just love it. I usually wear dragging jeans or Diamond Gusset's defender jeans which are both Kevlar lined. I tried on a pair of Airglide 3 pants yesterday and with the liner they are quite bulky. Just like the jacket they appear to be very well made and would obviously be more protection then I wear now. Without the liner they are OK but still slightly on the chunky side.
For those of you that have these pants what is the real world temperature range? I'm heading up to Colorado next month where it will be in the 30's in the morning and the 70's in the afternoon. Do you think that I can wear the Airglide pants without the liner but with good quality long underwear and stay warm enough for the short time it's in the 30's?

Doug

I have the air glide 2 pants and obviously live close to you. I wear underarmour heat gear tights under mine and commute year round. Never use the factory liner, way too bulky.

Thanks. I bought a pair of the airglide 3 pants yesterday. I also bought the coldgear and heat gear long underwear. Great minds think alike.

After deciding to buy a pair of Airglide 3 pants I rode to Colorado for a week of riding. I got back about a week ago. I based myself out of Gunnison where the morning temperatures when I left the hotel were anywhere from 35-40 degrees, and the afternoon highs were in the mid 70's. Very nice. I wore the Airglide 3 pants with a pair of UnderArmour level 1 coldgear long underwear. Level one being their lightest long underwear of level 1,2, or 3. I did not use the liner that came with the pants.

While I can't say that I was totally comfortable at 35 degrees, I wasn't cold either. Once the temperature got over 40 degrees I can say that this set up was very comfortable and a lot less bulky then using Olympia's supplied liner. Overall I definitely give these pants two thumbs up. They are comfortable, protective, and are useful in a wide temperature range.

Doug

Has anyone ever ridden a whole day in the rain with these pants? We get a LOT of rain up here...I'm looking for some all season gear and hear these pants are great but maybe Olympia Xmoto is better.
Having a bowling ball where my stomach used to be makes fitting MC pants difficult. A nice lady from MotoGearOutlet in CO told me Airglide 3 pants work well for a person of my shape.

I bought a pair of Airglide 3 pants for a trip we're planning to Colorado. Have worn them in 40 degree temps and they kept me warm enough but that's sitting behind the RT fairing. Took a trip to Big Bend and they worked great. The temps went from the 40sÔÇô80s. The liner doesn't really bother me, but I've worn similar gear snow skiing so I'm used to it. I wear Under Armour boxers underneath and carry Under Armour Cold Gear if needed but have never used it. I have a friend who has worn the Airglide 2 gear for years and he never takes a rain suit with him. I don't carry rain suits either but I haven't been caught in any big storms since I've switch over to the Airglide gear.

Back