• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Let the Price Gouging Begin

The waitress was shocked when my friend said to her, "Well, you are serving six of the BMW Rally attendees right here at this table." This opened up an opportunity to tell her about the joys of riding a motorcycle.

We left her a really good tip, so perhaps her impression of motorcyclists was altered.

Bill

Bill- Isn't that what we are really all about in the end?

Bob

Motel Reservation - FYI

I made a 3 day reservation at the Super 8 in Miffinville, about 8 miles from rally, using my CC to gaurantee the reservation. Couple days later found the total charge for the 3 days on my credit card. I don't remember it saying anything about having to prepay nor checking something that said prepaid. When I called them, they said it was not only prepaid, but also, non refundable. Needless to say that didn't sit well with me, and I told him so. He was nice enough to cancel the prepay and refund my cc, and change it to a simple guaranteed reservation, but said it would probably be about 5% more when I paid.

He tried to tell me they had changed this policy about a year ago, but I make online reservations with Super 8 all the time and this is the first time I've run into it. My suspicion is that they have done this purposefully for the MOA rally. And maybe other motels in the area have done the same thing.

I was lucky enough to find a room at the Hampton Inn in Bloomsburg. I reserved it with my credit card and they have not charged me yet. But it is $380 for the 3 nights which I thought was higher than almost any other Hampton Inn. Well it does have two queen size beds and I will be by myself. I am open to sharing with a non-snorer!:D

Unless something goes awry at the last minute, an additional option of university apartments will be available for ralliers. Keep an eye on the website and the Owner's News for the announcement and further information very soon. The Bloomsburg University is not far from the fairgrounds and the accommodations are very nice.

Mark

I was lucky enough to find a room at the Hampton Inn in Bloomsburg. I reserved it with my credit card and they have not charged me yet. But it is $380 for the 3 nights which I thought was higher than almost any other Hampton Inn. Well it does have two queen size beds and I will be by myself. I am open to sharing with a non-snorer!:D

That's about right for a Hampton Inn in the Northeast.

Information about the reserving a dorm apartments on the campus of Bloomsburg University will on the BMW MOA website and the Owner's News in February.

Back