• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Metro NYC area MSF ERC offering

Friedle

'99 '03 '06 National Co-Rally Chair
Saturday, 28 Aug, 2010, 1-7 pm, Suffern, NY, at Rockland County Community College there will be a MSF certified Experienced Rider Course being offered to riders who already have a motorcycle operators license. You will be riding your own bike, practicing several riding exercises and techniques to help make your riding both safer and more enjoyable. We will practice maximum braking, countersteering for cornering and traction control, swerving and stopping quickly in a curve, amongst other skills, to help give your more confidence and control in your riding.

The college is located off exit 14 of the NY State Thruway, slightly west of the Tappan Zee Bridge, easily accessible to riders from the NYC area, Westchester, Rockland and Orange counties of NY State and right on the border of orthern New Jersey.

It will be an excellent opportunity to sharpen up your skills as we approach the autumn riding season.

The course will be conducted by well known MSF Rider Coach and MOA member Michael Friedle. Space is limited, don't wait too long to register. To register for the course, call 845-471-5800 or go to www.smartridermsp.com Course fee is $125. Completion cards will be issued. Most insurance companies will offer a discount upon presentation of a course completion card.

I've seen a lot of people riding around the NY metro area who could certainly benefit from learning how to better become "one with their motorcycle" by participating in this class.

Of course I am not talking about you! But surely you know someone whom I might be talking about. :dunno

Do them a favor and turn them on to this thread.

Friedle

are those hours correct, 1-7pm? i sure would hate to be riding home through Bear Mtn. in the dark after completing the course and hit a deer, wouldn't i feel stupid. seriously, lots of deer in the park, which is how i would be coming home, i'll have to give it some thought but i sure would like to take the course.

Erc

Yes, the hours are correct, but depending on the group and weather we might end sooner.

I usually come home up the Palisades to the Bear Mtn Circle and then north on 9W to the POK bridge.

Friedle

i think i am going to have to pass on this as i have too much going on tomorrow. i really would like to take the course so hopefully the next time it is offered i will be able to.

Back