• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

unaDILLA!!!

Visian

look out!!!
974533047_TBrJu-XL.jpg

ok, looked like a rainy weekend at home, and the return of James Stewart was upon us. so i just HAD to ride up and see whether he had anything for the current AMA Outdoor National Motocross series leader Ryan Dungey, #5 below.

974532899_QRWvY-XL.jpg

so I-81 it is, a not-too-bad slab that travels along the west slope of the Appalachians. 800 miles later i was there!

974534002_tSbFK-XL.jpg

for those unfamiliar, Unadilla is the grandaddy of all motocross tracks, located just northeast of Binghampton, NY. what beautiful country... someone needs to find a rally site near there.

the best racers in the world were out...

Andrew Short on the factory Honda.
974536328_giWvY-XL.jpg

Justin Brayton, on a support team Yamaha, followed by a very fast Belgian, Clement Desalle.
974536876_biWXK-XL.jpg

In the Lites class, wild child Justin Barcia on a support team Honda.
974534498_syba3-XL.jpg

and my fave, Kevin Windham on the factory Honda. he had a rough first moto, casing a jump so bad that he broke his bike's motor mounts.
974536997_XMHLc-XL.jpg

Here's a link to more pics, if you're interested.

Unfortunately, Stewart didn't have 30 minutes worth of speed and Dungey went 1-1 for the win. it was still an excellent race and a perfect day for it.

Overall the ride was pretty non-eventful, but since I-81 goes right past the site of the MOA 2011 Rally... Bloomsburg, PA... and since the rally chairs were having a site walkthrough on Sunday for the local clubs, I stopped in for a visit. No pics, though... it was raining and i kept the camera in the bag.

Outside of the MX, the highlight of the trip was the "shortcut" Statdawg took me along, PA339 from the rally site south over the mountain to I-81. niiiiiiiice!

it was my first ride with that bad boy, i look forward to many more. :thumb

ian

Nice Pictures and great report. I remember what I/we used to do and wonder how it would be with the technology-engine,suspension-that the riders are using nowadays. :thumb

Nice Pictures and great report. I remember what I/we used to do and wonder how it would be with the technology-engine,suspension-that the riders are using nowadays. :thumb

thanks!

they had a great vintage exhibit there, with a nice selection of 70s bikes. don't ask me why i didn't take any pictures.

i helped one guy load his his truck with a late 70s factory husqvarna special, featuring two really loooong ohlins rear shocks. this was one of the machines that brought on the big suspension revolution, which rocked the MX world.

motors are through the roof. people are putting $5-10K into tuning and still not getting the power the factory bikes have. you could really tell this on the wall turn, where the bikes had to climb a very steep and loose slope, with a tabletop double at the top.

jeesh, those kids can ride!

ian

Back