• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2012 Rally!

Well I can, with 100% accuracy, forecast the weather for the 2012 Rally since it is in the Midwest. Hot, hazy and humid. :brow

Last edited:
Sedalia, Missouri
July 19-22, 2012

Then it is on a rotational basis.
2013 is in the "West"
2014, 15 and 16 are in different coloured sections of the map (?- anyone?)

addn'l info from the webcast

2014- Red area
2015- Zone 2
2016- Yellow area

Anybody got the map?

Thank you! Finally a national that isn't too far from me!

I just spoke to a friend (business associate) near Sedalia, and he told me that the Stealth Bomber is based at Whiteman AFB, and If all goes well, they do fly overs for special occasions such as football games.. A BMWMOA national IS a very Special occasion!:usa

I just spoke to a friend (business associate) near Sedalia, and he told me that the Stealth Bomber is based at Whiteman AFB, and If all goes well, they do fly overs for special occasions such as football games.. A BMWMOA national IS a very Special occasion!:usa

Well, there was a fly over at the BMWMOA rally in Trenton, Ontario so why not in Sedalia? - Bob

When did NASA take over the rally site selection process? :hide

maybe you've never planned, contracted or run a large event like a rally?

it is a CF of the first order, and there is no end to the number of ways something can derail the deal. very squishy business.

and if you aren't careful in cutting the deal, you're opening yourself up for some potentially bad disappointments at the event.

a lot of work goes into finding a venue that fits our needs and signing a contract to stage an event there.

ian

Since Sedalia will be the 40th anniversary for the rally, maybe we could get the Blue Angels to do a little showing off!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnaT4ESKaOo&feature=related

Good news: Goober Burgers for everyone.
Bad news: How can I be gone from work for 2 weeks when the rally is only 2 hours from my house?

Sedalia, Missouri
July 19-22, 2012

Then it is on a rotational basis.
2013 is in the "West"
2014, 15 and 16 are in different coloured sections of the map (?- anyone?)

addn'l info from the webcast

2014- Red area
2015- Zone 2
2016- Yellow area

Anybody got the map?

How can you make a trip out there from California interesting? There is so much flat straight highway between here & there, I don't know what to do! Either that, or I'm a very poor route planner... No dirt though, & I have 4 days to get there & 3 back...

How can you make a trip out there from California interesting? There is so much flat straight highway between here & there, I don't know what to do! Either that, or I'm a very poor route planner... No dirt though, & I have 4 days to get there & 3 back...

Interesting? You don't have time for Interesting! 3 days back means over 800 miles per day. Are you in the IBA yet? Sounds like you should be applying!

:burnout

Interesting? You don't have time for Interesting! 3 days back means over 800 miles per day. Are you in the IBA yet? Sounds like you should be applying!

:burnout

Bad at guessing distance too! Yahoo gives me about 1900 miles. Yep, better plan on at least 4 days...

FWIW, I did Burlington IA to home in 3 days, one was short, I stopped at 4PM to visit my Grandmother in Kansas, then hightailed it from Caldwell KS home to Merced in one day... Had to stop for a half hour nap in Fresno... Never again...

The Sedalia tornado came into town from the south and followed US Rte 65 north/northeast. It was east of Rte 65 before the fairgrounds. Last I read following KC news outlets about 65 structures were damaged. It was estimated as an F1 or F2 and thankfully there was no loss of life.

The Sedalia tornado came into town from the south and followed US Rte 65 north/northeast. It was east of Rte 65 before the fairgrounds. Last I read following KC news outlets about 65 structures were damaged. It was estimated as an F1 or F2 and thankfully there was no loss of life.

Thanks.

Sedalia, eh? Man... That's going to be a long hour and a half ride on back roads. Not sure if I'll be able to make that. Shall I bring camping gear? :nyah

:bottle

Sedalia, eh? Man... That's going to be a long hour and a half ride on back roads. Not sure if I'll be able to make that. Shall I bring camping gear? :nyah

:bottle

Hi,
Your suggested road rides and eat places would be welcome.
Please email me offline.
Ride Safe,
Robert

Back