• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Low chair for sale at rally.

There was a vendor at the rally selling a low camp chair, it had two legs, and your feet provided the third leg.

You could rock in it, and it folded very small.

I think they were $69.

I didn't get one, but now I'm thinking they were a good deal.

Anybody know what they were called, or where I can order one? :dunno

Buy One of These to Share...

WOW!!! After a few cocktails this will be a great "Rally Entertainment Chair"! Laughs for everybody!!!

:gerg ok... the average age of this group is closer to the 'senior' side and with a Scotch in one hand and a fine cigar in the other this said occupant proceeds to stand. Do you move your feet in to balance your body for this pending rise, likely disrupting the balance previously enjoyed? I'm thinking a drop forward to the knees and build from there. :scratch Interesting concept though but I too want to be there just to watch. I also notice that the website pictures seem to be marketing to the twentysomethings who appear to be in pretty good shape..... nuf said :brow - Bob

I have the chair that Bass Pro Shop sells-has a triangular canvas seat/ 3 legs, a back and OK for short term camp use and compact/lite enough for the $

:gerg ok... the average age of this group is closer to the 'senior' side and with a Scotch in one hand and a fine cigar in the other this said occupant proceeds to stand.
So in this situation, scotch and cigar, why would you want to stand?

:gerg ok... the average age of this group is closer to the 'senior' side and with a Scotch in one hand and a fine cigar in the other this said occupant proceeds to stand. Do you move your feet in to balance your body for this pending rise, likely disrupting the balance previously enjoyed? I'm thinking a drop forward to the knees and build from there. :scratch Interesting concept though but I too want to be there just to watch. I also notice that the website pictures seem to be marketing to the twentysomethings who appear to be in pretty good shape..... nuf said :brow - Bob

It also has a max weight capacity of 250lbs. :brow

Considering a lot of people poo poo a Kermit bacuse they are "hard to get out of" I can't imagine this one catching on.

It also has a max weight capacity of 250lbs. :brow

Considering a lot of people poo poo a Kermit bacuse they are "hard to get out of" I can't imagine this one catching on.

I saw that weight restriction and, in my mind's eye, looked around the usual rally site..... not many of those chairs would find a home :bolt At least you could roll out of a Kermit whereas this chair might provide more awkward moments.

Holly's right about that pee break but, on second thought, there seems to be enough room to hang some sort of container on the front and.... ok, too much info

I say arrive at the rally.... go to Walmart.... spent $10 for a modest armed chair and then give it away after the rally. - Bob

There was a vendor at the rally selling a low camp chair, it had two legs, and your feet provided the third leg.

You could rock in it, and it folded very small.

I think they were $69.

I didn't get one, but now I'm thinking they were a good deal.

Anybody know what they were called, or where I can order one? :dunno

Also carried at REI...

I'm wishing I had picked one up. Nice and compact.

Last edited:
I saw that weight restriction and, in my mind's eye, looked around the usual rally site..... not many of those chairs would find a home :bolt At least you could roll out of a Kermit whereas this chair might provide more awkward moments.

Holly's right about that pee break but, on second thought, there seems to be enough room to hang some sort of container on the front and.... ok, too much info

I say arrive at the rally.... go to Walmart.... spent $10 for a modest armed chair and then give it away after the rally. - Bob

Give it away? I'm still packing and using my $4.98 Watkins Glen Wally World chair from the 2004 Finger Lakes Rally. That chair looks dangerous in certain situations....

Back