• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Riding in the Smokies

Antaeas

Registered marching ant
This past Tuesday I had a great ride from Tellico Plains TN to Maggie Valley NC, in excellent weather; temperatures were in the 70s on the gaps and by the streams, while it was closer to 100 in the valleys. Mother Nature and the USDA have done great work. RT and I were on the Cherohala Skyway practically alone in the morning, and likewise on the Blue Ridge Parkway in the evening. I had lunch at Deal's Gap under their famous shade tree with lots of fellow boomers on their shiny putt-putts. The famous section is full of riders and is well-patrolled by the local constables. I encountered no blind driveways or poky RVs on it but preferred the Cherohala (pictured), Foothills and Blue Ridge roads for solo touring.

On Wednesday, I had an oil change at Touring Sport in Spartanburg, SC, where everyone was very accommodating and helpful. Then I toured the BMW Zentrum museum, with a nice selection of motorcycles on display.

Attachments

• 2010 Cherohala 4.jpg
    2010 Cherohala 4.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
My well anticipated tour of the BMW plant was simply phenomenal.

I teach robotics to high school students - the tour left me in awe - really.

Prior to that tour, I honestly didn't know much about nor did I ever have much desire to own BMW products. I still don't have a desire to own one of their cages but when I began investigating their motorcycles, less than a week later, one somehow magically appeared in my garage.

Oh well.

Back