• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

crossing wisconsin

That depends on where you're coming from and where you are going. You could also enjoy some giggles on southern routes, such as HWY 33 and HWY 60, at least in the western half of the state.

I would take I-94 [south]east to Mauston. Then east on Hwy 82 out of Mauston, east to 23, and then continue east on that.

It's not the most exciting route, but I can't think of anything more scenic across that sandy part of the state.

If time is critical to your trip, then take 29 (Big slab) across and link up with 43 to Manitowoc.

If your have a bit more time, then take 10 across, and that puts you close to Manitowc.

If you have the time, and want lots of fun, then I woulds link up with 33 at La Crosse, and ENJOY!

Make sure Randy buys you a cigar.

The cigar shop closed last year.:violin

29 is all 4-lane from around Eau Clair east to Green Bay. 10 will stop being 4-lane in Appleton. When are you coming through? I live about 2 miles from the ferry, see it a lot. Maybe we could tag up for a visit.

Also, from LaCrosse, you could take 21 east to Lake Winnebago and HWY 41, then either north to 10 or south to 151, then east to Manitowoc.

Another possibility

US 10 to Neilsville

WI 73 to Wisconsin Rapids

WI 54 to County B north of Plover

County B to to WI 54

WI 54 east to County S east of New London

County S to County WI 55

South on WI 55 to County Z

County Z east to County PP

County PP south to County K

County K east to County R

County R south to County V

County V east to County B

County B south to Manitowoc

I'm still waiting to hear how long he has to make this portion of the trip.

Jeff - I don't disagree with the 'county rd' you suggested at all, but Hwy 10 is just boring, and Hwy 54 isn't much better . If he has time I'd like to give him a better Western Wisc route to get to those 'county rd'.

Crossing Wisconsin East

If you have the time, catch Hwy 63 out of Turtle Lake and take it to Hwy 70 at Spooner, which is a great road and recently re-paved (most-of-it). The scenery is good and the route lacks cars and cops. Catch Hwy 32 out of Eagle River and take it all the way down thru Pulaski to Hwy 29 just west of Green Bay where you can hook-up with I43 to Manitowoc. But make sure that you stop by the Packer Hall of Fame in Green Bay to check out Brett Favre when he played for a REAL football team. Safe travels!

FWIW, the only interesting topography is in the western part of the state and along the Fox River valley running south from Green Bay to Illinois. The vast majority of it was flattened by glaciers. Big Damn?® glaciers. Only where the various courses of rivers like the Mississippi and the Wisconsin carved out valleys or where the glaciers dumped their load (the Kettle Moraine just east of the Fox Valley & Lake Winnebago) will you find anything but flat featureless farmscape. To really spend time doing either of those types, you gotta go north-south, not east-west. Get your butts to Manitowoc as quickly as you can (That's 29 and 43); look up Randy and/or me and maybe we'll have lunch and go for a short scoot before you board the Badger.

Hwy 64

It may be a bit north but look at Hwy 64 east through Antigo. Gotta map it out but this may be a nice part of the ride.

if 10
stop for pie at the norske nook

if 29
stop at nueske's smoked meat retail store in wittenburg, have a brat and a free glass of buttermilk
(and buy some landjeager sticks)

Back