• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

anybody know the price on the 1600?

I'll take a guess.....$22,750.00 plus $510.00 shipping for a total of $23,260.00 for a base model. However, for the first 6 months of availability they will only come with a Premium Package and that will add an extra $1,385.00, for a total of $24,625.00. Of course, if you want additional options you could end up around $26,000 to $27,000.

I'm sure they won't put a USA price on it till they're ready for delivery.

Look at the price of competing large tourers. The 2010 Goldwing lists for $28K for the top-of-the line model. Starts at $22.9K
The 2010 Electra Glide CVO Ultra Classic sells for $36K :usa (not sure if this is a real competitor, though - in my book, there is no competition to BMW) :thumb
So there.

My buddy bought a 2010 1300GT for $23,000 two months ago because he couldn't find one that wasn't loaded. My guess is you should expect all bikes to be fully loaded.

The adaptive headlight alone is probably over $1000.

$28,000 is my completely uneducated guess. The GT should be about $25K

Last edited:
K1600 GT & GTL prices in Canada

I have a brochure I got at the Toronto bike show from BMW Motorrad Canada. It has the price of the GT at $24,100 and the GTL at $27,225. This is the MSRP for base model, before taxes, prep charges and options.

Canadian Currency conversion

If $27,225 CAD is accurate for a GTL (Base?) That converts to $26,761 US at todays exchange rates. Add $1,385 for the premium package and you have around $28,100 plus shipping. Very competitive with a 2010 Gold Wing with promised substantial performance and technology advances! This would not be out of line with pricing strategy to capture market share of the luxury tourer segment and in fact, closely resembles BMW's statement in the pre-sales program announcement regarding pricing to be announced.

There was NO financial commitment at my dealer to participate in the pre-sales program. If I don't want to pay the eventual price, maybe I can sell my order position! (Just kidding)

K1600 GT & GTL prices in Canada

Although the conversion to US$ is interesting it doesn't show the whole picture. In the past, let's say for an R1200RT the price in the US has been a couple of thousand lower than Canada. Prices in Canada are simply higher than in US and it doesn't seem to be related to exchange rate at all. I've never figured it out. The only comment that is offered is market base. Canada smaller = higher prices. I wouldn't be surprised if the US price of the K1600s is at least a couple thousand dollars below the Canadian prices. You lucky folks.

K1600GT = $26,035.
K1600GTL= $26,340.

Add TTL depending on where you live and its 30,000 +.

Although the conversion to US$ is interesting it doesn't show the whole picture. In the past, let's say for an R1200RT the price in the US has been a couple of thousand lower than Canada. Prices in Canada are simply higher than in US and it doesn't seem to be related to exchange rate at all. I've never figured it out. The only comment that is offered is market base. Canada smaller = higher prices. I wouldn't be surprised if the US price of the K1600s is at least a couple thousand dollars below the Canadian prices. You lucky folks.

BMW Canada sets it's own prices (bikes, parts and accessories). Unfortunately they do not look at our neighbors to the south for their pricing structure so in the end they price themselves out of competition and as a result have lost and will continue to lose to BMW USA. The savings, in terms of dollars, are too great too ignore even at the peril of losing some Canadian dealers.

$30k

When you figure in taxes, shipping, options, etc., etc., I think you will ride out the door at $30K plus.

The BMW display at the Toronto Bike show in December had a GT (I believe) for $24,100. I don't think it was the GTL, but one can only hope.

This is what I got from the local dealer.....

Ok Gentleman, weÔÇÖre down the stretch. BMW is showing the bike today on the Left coast and it should be hitting the internet this weekend with updates. We are being told to expect around $23-25k to stay competitive.

They are going tom institute a priority delivery program, where if one commits to a machine with color choice and options they prefer, BMW will build to order and you can expect the machine to arrive around May. We will have our personal K1600 in April as Bob the owner rides it back from the US dealer introduction. That machine we expect to be a demo, but there is no guarantee at that point and time that if you want a machine- that there is any expectation of seeing it by next year

I hope to get more info and see one at the NYC show.

No pricing yet...

Just got back from the Orlando BMW dealer. They have taken a total of 8 pre-orders on the K1600 GT/GTL's. Unfortunately, they still do not have a final price. I had hoped to jump in line, but I'm not interested in putting down a $1,000 deposit on a machine that I haven't seen and haven't a clue what it will cost. Sorry guys, but I'm too old to put my faith in the rumors I'm hearing. The numbers they would pony up are in the $26 - $29K range for the GTL. Didn't ask about the GT.

I ride a 2000 K1200LT, and it was the second model year for the LT's. I think they corrected lots of things during that year. I've decided I'm going to wait until I can lay eyes and hands on the actual product, and at least take a test ride. If I don't get one until the next model year, that might be a blessing in disguise. My LT is still quite young with only 34K miles on it (got it in Nov 2009 with 19K on it), so I'll just tool along with it unit we have some solid answers.

:thumb

Back