• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

suggestions please...summer jacket

A another few tips:)

LD Comforts are good, but get hot too for me, too hot and you sweat in them. They do not dry quickly under your riding suit. Otherwise good for medium temp days out and about. My First Gear mesh is old now, but has never let me down with a LOT of miles. Tour Master I've seen and I use their pants, great product for the lesser bucks spent:). They beat BMWs expensive riding pants all to heck and a fraction of the cost! Had both in my time. Glasses? I have to have them, prescriptions with progressive lenses in place, both shades and regulars are with me always. I find it a pain to switch them out, but have NOT yet found the funds to go get the surgery on the eyes thing to eliminate the clear ones. I would in a heartbeat, if I could let the money go:). Modular helmets are the best thing since sliced bread, for glasses wearers. HJC has one for 160 bucks and my 3x head needs more helmet mfg'ers that make my size. HJC has one in 3x, a modular, CL Max is their model. I Tried the Arai 500$+++ helmets for my glasses and they work swell, BUT all that "money is wasted"imo and I find the HJC equally good and comfy at a HUGE reduced cost. My Arai was NOT any better made, as I see it. Still have it! Randy"Polarbear"Owens:usa

:danceHad the same question the past few years and finally setted on an olympia bushwacker neon and air glide III (over)pants. Well worth the wait.

+1 on Olympia gear. I've had a Bushwacker jacket and airglide pants for the past couple years and am well pleased. Wife has the Airglide jacket and pants as well. With the liners in they make decent 3 season gear, with liners out they are pretty good in the heat, especially when combined with a cooling vest!

I am close to buying the closeout Olympia Air Glide 2 jacket for summer use. I am anxious to hear comments on that model? They are selling for ~ $160-170 as new closeouts and the new model Air Glide 3 is $250 @ full MSRP.
I have a WTB out in several places for a set of used Rallye 2 ,Santiago or Savannah -am I going to regret not waiting for the BMW stuff to come around at the right price/size?
My Hein-Gericke Kiliminjaro jacket is great for 3 seasons and with Gerbings anytime is OK. Right now it is HOTTTTTTTTTTTT! My pants are not mesh and they are even hotterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

++1 on wetting shirts.I have just gotten back into biking after 10 years...all those years without protection.(Not THAT kind of protection):laugh
Anyway I picked up some used equip.,Olympia mesh jacket,Tourmaster mesh pants,and Olympia mesh gloves.Other then the gear being BLACK,I was lucky I picked what I did.Both Olympia and Tourmaster make clothing that will last and protect your as...er posterior.I have taken 4+ hour rides (I know,I know,I'm no iron butt)and with the mesh jacket and pants,the heat is almost manageable.I do stop at times and soke my syn. shirt and the black clothing does get HOT when I stop at a light.But with the combo of mesh and a wet shirt it aint half bad.
On the other hand I do like the looks of the new Airglide 3 jacket in yellow...maybe when the price goes down>:dance

Back