• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Pontiac Rally

lilredroadster

al from chgo burbs
Is anyone going to the Dinks rally in Pontiac on 8/20 to 8/22? The camping facilities are great and the Dinky Dozen really deserves good attendance from the MOA members. Lotsa fun!:wave
I have gone for the last 10 or so and really enjoy this one.
It is too bad the Galena Rally has chosen the same time.. Bad timing guys!
Hope to see lots of you in Pontiac.:thumb

Makes no sense?

The folks that host the Galena rally have always worked with the Dinks so the two rallies would be on different weekends. This year, even though the Galena rally was already scheduled, the Dinks decided to hold their rally on the same weekend. I don't get it!

Last edited:
Wanted to try the "Dinks"rally for the 1st time but am now unable to :banghead
So since Im 5min away from Headquarters,I think I am going to ride over and eat their food:whistle

I was told the 4-H club fairground had other bookings, so this was the only August weekend available for the Dinks.
The Bootheads/Motomaniacs/Two Rivers clubs will have about 15 people there anyway to enjoy the Pontiac Rally.
Hope to see lots of you there as well.:brad

While not part of the organization that hosts the Galena rally-- they have held it the same weekend in August for at least 15 years, probably more. Unfortunately, I have been informed by the SO that I won't be attending any rally that weekend. Instead I get to attend a wedding for a US Marine! I am certain it will be an honor and a pleasure. You all enjoy the rally's --- it's good to have choices.

Dinks Rally

I just returned from the Dinks Rally and, though it was small, everyone had a great time. It has been the 3rd weekend in August forever, and will be next year as well.
The weather was much better than was predicted . Friday we has a little rain and the temp was no where near the 98 degrees predicted. Saturday was beautiful as was today. the temp at night was perfect for sleeping. Thanx to the Dinks for putting on such a good time.
Good friends, good times.....what else can you ask for?:brad

I was there. Had a lot of fun. Randy (ManicMechanic) and I diagnosed and repaired an electrical problem on an R90S.

Missed it, unavoidable but still ashamed.
If only to witness the antics of Mr. James A! <- :wave

Ok, you may now proceed with the "what am I, chopped liver?" comments. :hide

Back