• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Fall Beemer Bash

Gottago

Where does this road go??
I'm thinking of riding up to the Beemer Bash in Quincy in September. I'd like to get there early to get a good spot, sometime on Thursday the 16th. My husband might join me Friday or Saturday. Is there anyone else out there attending?

I've been thinking

that I might go - it's kinda on my way to the MOA thing in Cedar City Utah at the end of September and I have a friend who lives not too far from Quincy that I'd like to visit.... but I haven't made up my mind yet...

I don't know much about the Fall Beemer Bash rally so I'm curious about it...:scratch

Sarah Berg

We went a few years back and it was really nice. Beautiful grounds for camping and a very laid back atmosphere. Great roads in the area as well as on your way to the rally.
If your going to the Cedar City gathering try and stop in at Torrey, Utah. It's at the east end of Highway 12. The BMWST internet group meets there every spring and fall. Great bunch of folks and always happy to welcome a fellow beemer or any kind of bike for that matter.
Hope to see you there.

Every year:)

Quincy is a favorite CA destination for myself. The Beemer Bash is first rate, quality camping on fine grassy sites. Expect cool mornings, warm mid days and cool nights into the 35-40 range. Almost never rains either, until much later in the year. Its around 4000' elevation and in the pine forests of N.Cal..Very pretty area. Two ways to get there are the Eastern Sierra Nev route on 395/70 above Reno or by the Central CA running through the valley(boring), but many more services. The Feather River Canyon from the SW direction is a Hwy70 exclusive road to never be missed:). The Eastern approach is very nice too. Lake Tahoe Hwy89 goes to Quincy too. More time! Hwy49 from Oakhurst,CA is a Ca Gold Country legendary road that goes almost all the way and joins with 89 above Tahoe:). All this is exceptional. See ya there, RandyGSA1200"Polarbear":thumb:usa

I'll be riding up there from Clovis also. I can't remember if I requested Thursday Off or not. See you there.

I'll be riding in from Pleasant Hill.

The bash is everything Polarbear said and more. If you are thinking of going, pre-reg ends on the 8th.

http://www.ccbr.org/

See you there!

Oh, I just noticed this was under the Women of the MOA.

Now I feel like a total lurker.

update

Had a great time at the Bash. Met up with an old friend and made a lot of new ones. Volunteered at the beer tent and had a great time. (People are always happy when you're giving them alcohol.)
I managed to log 2800 miles and visit 5 states. I witnessed some brave souls throwing themselves off the bridge in Twin Falls, ID thank goodness they had parachutes, as well as helping a young motorcyclist on I 80 that ran out of gas while crossing Nevada and as a bonus my sister managed to meet me in ID for a few days so we could play catch up.
I experienced heat, cold, rain, and hail but never to an extreme. Dodged deer, cows, and chipmunks and finally met up with my husband in Torrey, UT after a week on my own. All in all the trip was extremely satisfying and I can't wait to head out again. Thanks to all that gave such good advice and for the wonderful encouragement to try something new.
Now it's back to the regular grind while I plan my next adventure.

Back