• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

My trip to the north.

Great fun reading your humorous retelling of your trip!

Thanks for sharing ; )

Voni
sMiling

re Yellowstone - What a wonderful place! Even after half a dozen times, and a couple of days each time, I still haven't seen it all; I'll be back! The drones behind the wheel are the most dangerous thing, especially near Old somewhat Faithful.
The KOA campground a few miles west of West Yellowstone is a little expensive, but it's luxurious - large indoor pool AND a large indoor jacuzzi! Can't beat that after a hard day. Food store is overpriced (natch) and understocked, bring chow from the grocery stores in town.
Also check out the Madison Hotel right there on Main Steet (Madison Avenue) - tiny rooms and the showers are down the hall, but cheap and more than sufficient. Park right out front; the bike is safe since the police station is across the street (but of course lock everything down anyway).
Best chow I 've found in West Yellowstone is the Chinese restaurant one street north of, and about one block east of, the Madison. Meal-sized and tasty.
There used to be another KOA east of Moran Junction that was pretty good, but I think they've changed management (not an affiliate) since I was there last.
Cody has a big KOA near the airport, but there's another good campground on the west side of town, about a block or two south of the Remington Museum (a neat tour in itself), on the west side of the street.

I really enjoyed your vivid descriptions of each day. Man you must have been tired, really put a lot of miles in; BTW - what was the total mileage of the trip?

Hello, and thanks.

I forgot this story....So I'm in Deadhorse, temperature was upper 40's and sunny. I am wearing my heated liner because its a nice lightweight jacket. Sitting on a metal folding chair listening to the tour dude. Everybody gets up to get on the tour bus and as I stand the power pigtail for the heated liner gets caught on the chair and rips right off the jacket. Doh! Something I need to fix with duck tape just in case it gets cold on the trip home.

or this one... Again in Deadhorse...My camera battery is dead. I didn't bring the charger because my bike has the charger that I was going use. That charger died on the first day. I replaced it with the extra one I brought which promptly died also. The only way to charge the battery was to use the laptop. I had to use the USB cable I brought, cut in half, strip wires, then tape the red and black wires to the battery contacts. Charged while I slept and was able to take pictures of my feet.jpg

Just guessing at the mileage 8300 lost track after the second day. The trip meters reset after 999.9 miles so I don't know if the trip was 7300, 8300, or 9300 miles.

Back