• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Passenger floor boards for R1150RT

chrisz

Anyone can point me to who sells (makes) passenger floor boards for R1150RT bikes? I would like these boards to lower the foot placement from the standard foot peg placement.

Thanks in advance,

Passenger floorboards

I need the same thing for my wife. LOWER floorboards for the passenger. They have lower pegs and they have floorboards, but not both. Is this a lean angle clearance problem?

Pass footrests

Although I have an '06 RT I would think the basics are the same. I had the Iliums and they were too high for my wife (and ugly IMO). I measured and designed a simple mount and bought these boards on closeout, had the mount made, modified the Cobra mount had the two parts welded together and had floorboards for my wife (which increased happiness, always a good thing). Sounds like a PITA but was very easy and the entire thing cost less than the Iliums.

Attachments

• Pass Footrests.jpg
    Pass Footrests.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 1,136
i'd like to reopen this tread . is there a floorboard out there that lowers it?. Illum flooboards don't and I like the custom Cobra solution but don't want to fabricate a mount. what would be great is for someone to make a mount for a generic Harley floorboard which there are many floorboards to choose from. who has the answer?

I have the Illium's on my 1150RT. I wanted to lower the position so I simply turned them over on the post they mount with. There is an indent and a ball, so you have to be careful, but by doing this they adjust down, not up. It does not look as pretty because the adjusting post sticks up. Other than that it works.

Ilium's Floorboards - Revisited

It looks like the Iliums for sale at A & S, advertise that they 'Lower' the foot position, but what a serious
hit on the wallet.

http://www.ascycles.com/detail.aspx?ID=1514

"These floorboards provide increased comfort. They relocate your foot 1.75 " lower than stock allowing increased leg room."

I have to lower my foot, and straighten out my leg position, otherwise my
knees get cramped up at 200 miles, and there are times when I don't feel like stopping.

Does anyone have any input on the question of 'foot scrape' during a low turn, because
this is still a concern of mine.

Lastly, whomever put Steve Metz The Hexhead Diaries link on this thread ~
is A God!

Thanks, I'm watching this thread, and,
shopping for some floorboards at The IMS Show, NYC on Jan 20th, 2012.

See you there.

Jim

My Bike : 2004 R1150RT

Last edited:
I bit the bullet and purchased a set of passenger Ilium floorboards but was not sure they would work b/c they raise the passenger peg height 3/4" or higher. Had to give them a try as my wife was not real comfortable on longer rides on my 03 1150 RT. After trying them she agreed the new height was not very comfortable. Major bummer as there are not many choices out there for the RT's, except for Ilium Works . I decided to try a few things and found that if you pull the pin on the floorboard reinstall the adjuster so it adjusts down the problem is resolved. I tried this out over the weekend and the wife is very happy. They worked great. The only issue is the adjuster points down. My wife has them set on now the highest adjustment which sits approx. 1/2 lower than the original pegs. What a huge improvement. only additional improvement I could make is to cut off the adjuster length as you would never need to have them go that low. Overall this small change resolves the issue many of us have when looking for floorboards. I combed over the forum for a few weeks and never found a solution. This is the solution and its simple. I’ll try to post a pic to show the results

Last edited:
Back