• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

K75 Served me Well! 6,000 miles and 0 incidents

kentuvman

Since I originally departed my home in MN for CA in June and then up to the rally in July, I added about 6,000 miles to my Flying Brick. The only glitch I had was my GPS not working from LA up to Redmond and that was due to the bike sitting covered outside in the ocean air for a couple weeks. Once I got to the rally, some friends helped me RX the problem and the terminals had some light corrosion on them.

In an earlier post, I reported the bike throwing some gear oil at the joint where the four bolts from the driveshaft attach to the final drive. After cleaning it up and checking fluids last night, it was just a minimal amount as fluids were good.

My brand new set of BT45's tires is another story - I liked them a lot more than the old pair of Metzelers I'd been riding with - after 6,000 miles the rear tire looks like a slick - but I did ride through the Rockies, through Hwy 12 in Utah on the Canyon Roads, up the CA coast, up to Crater Lake and then to Glacier NP. I've read on some of the posts the Oregon roads are abrasive due to the high content of volcanic rock which could be very true. I rode through the Lolo Pass on the way to Glacier and zig-zagged around through the park. The secondary roads of MT caused me to ride faster than normal which also probably had a factor in my burning through the tire.

All in all, the K75 is a keeper and she served me well!
Glad to be home safe - still catching up on my sleep - glad to have met so many friends at the rally!

Back